HELP!! AQUA Class Cabin Equinox Question

jetboy

I am hoping somone can help me as I urgently need some advise. I have booked cabin 1555 for my January cruise on the Equinox and am aware there is an overhang above my cabin so there will not be much sun. I am travelling with a someone who loves the sun, do you think I should try and move cabins to the front or rear of the ship where there is no overhang. Obviously I want the best cabin available but not sure where i start.

Any advise with what to do would be great as this is my first cruise on Celebrity and i want to get it right.

One further question are there many tables for 2 in Blue restaurant??

Many thanks for all your assistance, hopefully see some of you on the 25th sailing.

I am hoping somone can help me as I urgently need some advise. I have booked cabin 1555 for my January cruise on the Equinox and am aware there is an overhang above my cabin so there will not be much sun. I am travelling with a someone who loves the sun, do you think I should try and move cabins to the front or rear of the ship where there is no overhang. Obviously I want the best cabin available but not sure where i start.

Any advise with what to do would be great as this is my first cruise on Celebrity and i want to get it right.

Many thanks for all your assistance, hopefully see some of you on the 25th sailing.

Jetboy,

We sailed the Solstice on her inaugural out of FLL in December 08 and had aqua class cabin 1508 which was just behind the bridge. We were very pleased with everything that aqua class had to offer. In fact, we just booked a hump aqua cabin on the Eclipse in November 2010.

As far as the sun issue, for the serious sun bather, the decks up top by the pool or lido are the place to be. The overhang you refer to is a slight one created by the sky deck but it will make little difference from other locations on the penthouse deck.

As far as Blu, we had a table for two and imo, Blu had more tables for two than the main dining room, percentage wise. The Blu is a much smaller, more cozy dining room and the quality of the food is as good as we have had on cruises. I would compare it to HAL's Pinnacle Dining Room quality.

Don't worry about your choice in Aqua Class, I'm sure you'll be very happy. The Solstice class ships have plenty of loungers on all sides. :D

I would move to one of the cabins that is not under that overhang. IMHO it is not a slight overhang. See the photo below - as you can see it is uite deep and the support poles definately obstruct your view. I booked cabin number 1540 after lots of research. It is in a very quiet location with just the hairsalon above.

2442841620101301608S600x600Q85.jpg

We were in Aqua Class on the Solstice in Room 1543. I like the sun as well, and put a lot of research into booking a cabin without an overhang. The cabins toward the front (1543-1501 - port) and 1548-1502 - starboard) have no overhang. Also, they are under the spa, hair salon and gym, and not under the pool. If I had it to do again, I would probably pick a little more forward, such as 1539, 1537 since we were under the Aqua Spa Cafe. Noise wasn't bad, but if you were a light sleeper it might wake you up around 7 a.m.

A lot of tables for two in Blu. Blu was terrific, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Question to Pita817:

We have booked Aqua Class 1508 on the Equinox for our next cruise. I have found a few postings in which people complained about the noise of the treadmills in the gym above. Did you notice the noise?

Hi,

Question to Pita817:

We have booked Aqua Class 1508 on the Equinox for our next cruise. I have found a few postings in which people complained about the noise of the treadmills in the gym above. Did you notice the noise?

There is a review from the Eclipse that mentions this cabin. I had a cabin booked along from it but have moved to the rear of the ship. It is well worth looking at the review. I dont know if Eclipse and Equinox are absolutely identical.

Archived