Live from Cozumel on Freedom

JanineM

I'm on Freedom right now and we're in Cozumel today. The weather is not great - we had a ton of rain & thunder here today so everyone got wet whether they wanted to or not! Hence this has become a good vacation nap day. There has been some rain in other ports, but otherwise it has been hot hot hot!!!

This is our first time on Freedom and we're particularily impressed by a couple of things - the service in Windjammer is very good. Uniformed staff members are going out of their way to carry food to tables and help you find a seat. We haven't seen that before on Royal Caribbean!

And the menus are good with some really interesting and different choices. I don't know when they rolled out the new 7-day menus, but these are an improvement over what we had on our last 7-nighter on Mariner two years ago.

The beds are comfortable - egg crate pads on top of the mattresses.

We missed the ice show and tickets are gone, which was a bit of a disappointment. They apparently only offered tickets once, and if you missed that 30 minutes period you are SOL.

If anyone has any questions I will try to come back and answer them, but the internet connection is pretty darned slow! If I don't get back to you before the end of the cruise I'll respond on Sunday when we're back home.

I agree with you that service in the WJ is good...never before have I had someone help me find a table and carry my food there for me!

Wow, you actually have to get tickets for the ice show? I was on FOS 2 weeks ago and no tickets were required.

I agree with you about the beds as well! They're the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on...even better than Carnival's Comfort Bed system =)

I'm on Freedom right now and we're in Cozumel today. The weather is not great - we had a ton of rain & thunder here today so everyone got wet whether they wanted to or not! Hence this has become a good vacation nap day. There has been some rain in other ports, but otherwise it has been hot hot hot!!!

This is our first time on Freedom and we're particularily impressed by a couple of things - the service in Windjammer is very good. Uniformed staff members are going out of their way to carry food to tables and help you find a seat. We haven't seen that before on Royal Caribbean!

And the menus are good with some really interesting and different choices. I don't know when they rolled out the new 7-day menus, but these are an improvement over what we had on our last 7-nighter on Mariner two years ago.

We missed the ice show and tickets are gone, which was a bit of a disappointment. They apparently only offered tickets once, and if you missed that 30 minutes period you are SOL.

If anyone has any questions I will try to come back and answer them, but the internet connection is pretty darned slow! If I don't get back to you before the end of the cruise I'll respond on Sunday when we're back home.

You dont need tickets for the ice show anymore, you just go when the shows are scheduled. I was on August 23rd sailing and we saw the show twice. Get there early as the rink fills up quickly.

You dont need tickets for the ice show anymore, you just go when the shows are scheduled. I was on August 23rd sailing and we saw the show twice. Get there early as the rink fills up quickly.

I actually went to Guest Services and was told that you have to wait at the door if you don't have tickets. If there are seats they will let you in, but if there aren't seats then you're out of luck. I think this may be one of those cases of "mixed messages".

We love theFreedom. What did you do in Cozumel? Enjoy your cruise on the Freedom, we've been on her twice this year and love the ship. We hope to go back soon. At least you aren't in GA where it's rained almost everyday since we've been back! Have a wonderful time!

going on the fos in december, could you tell me what little extras they had in the bathroom, lotions, shampoo, cream rinse etc.?.......thanks

There isn't much there in the regular cabins - two bars of soap and a generic shampoo/body wash. If you're in a suite you probably get more.

Archived