Transfer Fees - Barcelona hotels to airport

archchic

Hi All,

We're spending extra days in Barcelona before & after our cruise. Air travel was booked separately from cruise so we're on our own for getting around. Our travel agent is trying to convince us to book transfers to and from the airport/hotels in advance. Her best find is $95 one-way to/from airport/hotels. This seems really expensive in comparison to the cab fares cited on the CC boards...even if we arranged the taxi in advance. If we stuck wth hailing taxis, is it reasonable to think we could hail a taxi at 4 AM from the Gran Havana hotel for the return flight? Thanks!

Hi,

How many of you are there?? If this is for 2-3 persons with lugagge it is too high. I recommend one of two things: contact your hotel and see what they could arrange or contact this company:

http://www.barcelonataxivan.com

I used them twice and are very reliable. I don't know what they are charging these days but 3 yrs ago they charged 30 Euros to or from the airport. I stayed at a hotel very close to yours , also on Via de las Cortes. They may charge extra if it is very early in the morning. At what time is your flight that you need to leave at 4 AM??? It is less than 30 mins to the airport, especially at that hour of the morning.

Thank you for the reference, cruiseluv. There's just two of us traveling. Our flight leaves at 6:50. If the ride our travel agent set up is anything like Supershuttle, that would explain the desire to pick us up almost 3 hours before our flight. I'll pursue the recommendations you've made.

Is your flight directly to the US or to another country in the EU? If the latter , you are ok arriving 1 to 1.5 hrs prior to the airport. I doubt there will be anybody at the airport counter to check you in at 4:30 AM!

For sure, if it is only two of you, you should make your own private arrangements for less money and not take any kind of "shuttle" that presumably you will have to share with others.

Good luck!

Hi All,

We're spending extra days in Barcelona before & after our cruise. Air travel was booked separately from cruise so we're on our own for getting around. Our travel agent is trying to convince us to book transfers to and from the airport/hotels in advance. Her best find is $95 one-way to/from airport/hotels. This seems really expensive in comparison to the cab fares cited on the CC boards...even if we arranged the taxi in advance. If we stuck wth hailing taxis, is it reasonable to think we could hail a taxi at 4 AM from the Gran Havana hotel for the return flight? Thanks!

On Aug 29 we took a taxi from the airport to a hotel near P. Catalunya. There were 4 of us with 8 pieces of luggage. The cost was 28 euros plus 6 euros extra for a mini van and 8 euros for the luggage. Total 44 euros.

Hi All,

Sounds expensive our cabs from Port to Las Ramblas and from Las Ramblas to Airport ran about 35 Euros ( 4 people + luggage ). This was last summer. THere was no shortage of taxis at either the port or at airport. Unless you are arriving/departure at odd hour I'd consider a taxi, bus or metro. 95 bucks is too much to pay unless there is some other huge convenience that comes with that price.

ENjoy Barcelona

Archived