Barcelona Port

Scotchick

you will have to take the local port bus which terminates at the Columbus Column, at the end of Las Ramblas. Taxi can be difficult if your cruise terminates in Barcelona,; 2 000 passengers in line for a taxi. Walking is not recommended.

you will have to take the local port bus which terminates at the Columbus Column, at the end of Las Ramblas. Taxi can be difficult if your cruise terminates in Barcelona,; 2 000 passengers in line for a taxi. Walking is not recommended.

Our Voyager cruise terminated in Barcelona recently and there was a huge amount of taxis waiting. There was a long queue but it moved very fast and and was very well controlled. Had absolutely no problem getting a taxi.

We also didn't have issues with taxis after disembarking at Barcelona. The port is within walking distance but it would be a hike if you have luggage. I imagine a taxi to the waterfront end of Las Ramblas would be about 10-15 euros.

Don't they still have the port shuttle bus right outside the door at the dock? It takes you to the statue of Columbus right at the beginning/end of Las Ramblas, as mentioned above. It was 1 - 2 Euros each way. Very easy.

I would never walk over to Las Ramblas. Ports have a habit of closing off areas for security.

Don't they still have the port shuttle bus right outside the door at the dock? It takes you to the statue of Columbus right at the beginning/end of Las Ramblas, as mentioned above. It was 1 - 2 Euros each way. Very easy.

I would never walk over to Las Ramblas. Ports have a habit of closing off areas for security.

If there was a port shuttle bus, they kept it a secret from me. On one of our cruises to Barcelona, we self-disembarked at 7:30 a.m. and the cabbies were twiddling their thumbs waiting for passengers. On the last one, we waited until they threw us off as we were staying over and knew our hotel room would not be ready. That occurred about 9:30 and the line was probably as long as it will ever be. I think the wait was around an hour and it wasn't for lack of cabs, it was time spend loading them up. They had an orderly line so you weren't plagued by line jumpers and when you got to the front, you got into the first cab in line as fast as they could load you. The cab had to take you whether you were going to the airport or Columbus Circle unlike other ports when they find you aren't going to a far destination they won't take you. With that many people, it just takes time to load the cabs up. The waiting area was shaded.

I think our cab fare to our hotel on Las Ramblas was 17 euro with tip.

Tucker in Texas

The blue bus runs from the statue of Columbus at the end of Las Ramblas to all the terminals. It costs €2 one way/€3 return.

This site is very informative.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

It would be approx 20-25 min walk over the big bridge from the port to Las Ramlas. Last time I caught a cab it was €12

Archived