Closed on Sunday?

Aveyflower

Have been reading up about a lot of things before we go, and we thought about doing something for ourselves while we are in Barbados, but in reading all the stuff we have it is showing that on Sundays there is not really anything to-do or see unless you take a ship trip/tour.

Does anyone know if this is true, or is it soemthing that happens more out of season.

We are going in November, and we are not beach people so we would like to do something rather then stay onboard

Thank you

Have been reading up about a lot of things before we go, and we thought about doing something for ourselves while we are in Barbados, but in reading all the stuff we have it is showing that on Sundays there is not really anything to-do or see unless you take a ship trip/tour.

Does anyone know if this is true, or is it soemthing that happens more out of season.

We are going in November, and we are not beach people so we would like to do something rather then stay onboard

Thank you

You pretty much heard correctly. There are not many businesses opened on Sundays, the country pretty much closes down. Taxis will be available but most places of interest will probably be closed for business.

Keith-what about the scenic tour that the locals take on Sunday. Maybe they could take a shorter version of that?

The scenic rides(as we call them locally) are available every Sunday. Unfortunately they are pretty rigid in terms of the length of time...so a scaled down "official" version may not be possible.

However they could take their own scenic ride by catching one of the buses headed to the east coast/bathsheba on their regular trip.

Keith, you are the person to speak to!

We are going to be staying in Barbados for a week before our cruise and we have been looking at finding out what are the best places for us to visit/see or do while we are there.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreicated, we are not really beach people but we do like walking.

Guess you can now guess why I was asking about Sundays :D

Keith, you are the person to speak to!

We are going to be staying in Barbados for a week before our cruise and we have been looking at finding out what are the best places for us to visit/see or do while we are there.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreicated, we are not really beach people but we do like walking.

Guess you can now guess why I was asking about Sundays :D

There are quite a few things you can do during the week. It would depend on what your personal preferences are. If you give me an idea of what you are interested in I maybe able to offer some suggestions.

If you are going to be on island all day Sunday and like to walk...there are nature hikes every Sunday of the month put on by the Barbados National Trust. They are open to locals and visitors alike and best of all...there is no charge:D. Just walk with some water and a light snack if you care to. They are listed in the book so once you are on island you can call them.

Thank you for your help and advice, I have been reading books about Barbados and nothing has been said about these walks so this firstly is a fantasic help.

We like walking, looking around places, having a drink or two ;), really we like to keep fairly active, we dont like lying around on beaches.

We are going to be staying at the Escape at the Gap so I am not sure how far away we are from anything.

I have read something about a Flower Gardens, but any help is greatfuly appreciated

Thank you for your help and advice, I have been reading books about Barbados and nothing has been said about these walks so this firstly is a fantasic help.

We like walking, looking around places, having a drink or two ;), really we like to keep fairly active, we dont like lying around on beaches.

We are going to be staying at the Escape at the Gap so I am not sure how far away we are from anything.

I have read something about a Flower Gardens, but any help is greatfuly appreciated

Escape at the Gap is actually in the heart of a very active area called St. Lawrence Gap. You should find plenty to do around there and plenty to drink as well;). It is also only a bus ride away from Bridgetown.

The Scenic hikes are not really advertised...so its no great surprise you have not heard/read about them.

I am not quite sure about what you term the flower gardens. Do you know where they are located? It could be either the Animal Flower Cave or Andromeda Gardens both are quite nice.

Is the Malibu Rum Factory open on Sundays? On their website, it states tours ave given daily. We will be there on a Sunday in Nov. and thought about going to Brighton Beach, and visiting the Rum Factory. TIA!

I don't think they are open on Sundays. Maybe Aplmac can confirm for sure.

Oh yeah!

I doan miss dem mini-cruises fuh we Bajans.

I live fuh them!! :D

I'm in P 241. Booked, paid for..long time!

I was hoping to book.... but hoping fuh de price tuh come down.:D

I cruising next April outta Miami so kinda pun a tight budget. Dah cruise cost almost as much as my 7 day outta Miami.:eek: Will wait and see.

We were hoping to take the kids to see the green monkeys on Sunday Nov. 8th. Would that be open? The kids are disabled and have limited mobility but willl have foldable wheelchairs. Are we alright to plan this with a local taxi/van?

We were hoping to take the kids to see the green monkeys on Sunday Nov. 8th. Would that be open? The kids are disabled and have limited mobility but willl have foldable wheelchairs. Are we alright to plan this with a local taxi/van?

Unfortunately they will be close on Sunday as well. Unfortunately not a lot is open on Sundays on the island.:(

Archived