Group Bookings/Senior rates and getting discounts

dual

Im paid up in full for a group booking leaving on LOS in November. We booked via a TA. Im not the lead passenger so dont have access to see how any of the discounts and dealings were dished out.

I believe the lead passenger spread the discount across the rooms rather than get a free stateroom.

How can I check whether my mum got a senior rate as she is 81 - the whole group paid the same amount each .....does anyone know whether senior rate discounts apply to group bookings for the senior aged person in the group.

Also - if there is a price drop - can the whole group get it.

Appreciate any advice.

Im paid up in full for a group booking leaving on LOS in November. We booked via a TA. Im not the lead passenger so dont have access to see how any of the discounts and dealings were dished out.

I believe the lead passenger spread the discount across the rooms rather than get a free stateroom.

How can I check whether my mum got a senior rate as she is 81 - the whole group paid the same amount each .....does anyone know whether senior rate discounts apply to group bookings for the senior aged person in the group.

Also - if there is a price drop - can the whole group get it.

Appreciate any advice.

I'm going to assume for this response that these were "regularly priced" cabins as opposed to group space being held by the TA (different rules would apply and I do not know them). You mum would be entitled to a senior rate ONLY if there happens to be one for her cabin category on this sailing - not all sailings or all cabin categories offer a senior rate and they can come and go. You can check the RCCL website for this information. If there is a price drop for any cabin category, it would be applied if requested. Is everyone in your group in the same cabin category? With most TA's you must be proactive and check rates as they change, sometimes, more than once during the day - but sometimes don't change at all or may even go up. Depends on how well the cruise is selling.

I'm going to assume for this response that these were "regularly priced" cabins as opposed to group space being held by the TA (different rules would apply and I do not know them). You mum would be entitled to a senior rate ONLY if there happens to be one for her cabin category on this sailing - not all sailings or all cabin categories offer a senior rate and they can come and go. You can check the RCCL website for this information. If there is a price drop for any cabin category, it would be applied if requested. Is everyone in your group in the same cabin category? With most TA's you must be proactive and check rates as they change, sometimes, more than once during the day - but sometimes don't change at all or may even go up. Depends on how well the cruise is selling.

Yes we are all in the same stateroom category.

I'll go onto the website and do a dummy booking ticking the seniors box and see what the current rate is. I note on my paperwork it states "N - interior stateroom -"

Archived