Al-key-hawl

rslex

Ok. Here we go again. I apologize in advance to those who are tired of these questions.

I NEED CLARIFICATION!

The official Passage Contract from Princess reads as follows:

"Passengers agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind (except wine and champagne) on board for consumption. You must surrender alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship’s gift shop, or at ports of call, to Carrier, which will be delivered to Your stateroom on the last day of the voyage. A corkage fee of $15.00 U.S.D. per bottle (which is subject to change without notice) will be applied to wine and champagne brought aboard by You and consumed in the ship’s restaurants."

So here are my questions:

1. Princess offers a Bon Voyage gift card to get bottles of wine and liquor while on the cruise. If I purchase one (for myself) would I have to redeem it at duty free shop on board or is there other places to redeem it? (See first red highlighted statement above.)
  2. Can I purchase the same bottles of liquor or wine on board without going through the gift card routine?
  3. If so, Can I take it to be consumed during the cruise (assuming it's not from a duty free shop.)
  4. If I brought a couple of bottles of wine with me, to be consumed other than in the ships restaurants, does the corkage fee still apply? (See second red highlighted statement above.)
  5. Can I just take them directly to the cabin?

The BonVoyage gifts or other full bottles purchased on board are not duty free, and you get the bottles from Room Service and can be consumed at your leisure. It is duty free booze that is held.

Wine consumed in the Dining Room or brought by you to a bar is the only occassion where you are charged corkage...and you just carry them on board and store in your cabin

The BonVoyage gifts or other full bottles purchased on board are not duty free, and you get the bottles from Room Service and can be consumed at your leisure. It is duty free booze that is held.

Wine consumed in the Dining Room or brought by you to a bar is the only occassion where you are charged corkage...and you just carry them on board and store in your cabin

That's great!

So, to clarify- I DO NOT have to buy the Bon Voyage gift card to purchase a bottle of bourbon. I just have to pay a little extra. Correct?

(Do you know if the prices are the same as the list provided by Princess for the gift card?)

This is so much more reasonable than NCL. I had to pay $15.00 "corkage" fee to bring a bottle of wine on board to be consumed in our stateroom! (The only 'corkage' being done was by me.) A bar setup for the stateroom offered liquor but at OUTRAGEOUS prices!

That's great!

So, to clarify- I DO NOT have to buy the Bon Voyage gift card to purchase a bottle of bourbon. I just have to pay a little extra. Correct?

(Do you know if the prices are the same as the list provided by Princess for the gift card?)

This is so much more reasonable than NCL. I had to pay $15.00 "corkage" fee to bring a bottle of wine on board to be consumed in our stateroom! (The only 'corkage' being done was by me.) A bar setup for the stateroom offered liquor but at OUTRAGEOUS prices!

You can buy from room service a 375ml bottle of bourbon for about $20. You can then enjoy it in your cabin.

You are only harge the corkage if you bring the bottle to the dining room or a bar. No charge in your cabin.

my husband drinks rum and beer, and I drink wine. We bring all on board. He also likes to try beer from different country's so will usually buy a 6pk in port and bring it on. We've done this on all our cruises and never had a problem.

As long as you drink the wine in your stateroom and not in the dinning room there won't be a corkage fee.

They will not charge you a corkage fee in the dining room or bar if the bottle is sent to you has a gift. (i.e.: the TA or friend sends you a bottle of Champagne or wine). We had a ton of champagne in our group from the TA and had mimosas with breakfast in the dining room.

To the OP, if you want to bring al-key-hawl aboard, just put it in your checked luggage and you should no problems. We never have... And, yeah, yeah, it's a breach of the Passenger Contract, yada yada, but it's apparently not enforced as long as you're discreet and don't go overboard on the quantity.

You never get the booze purchased from the gift shop anyway until the end of the cruise so how could you surrender it?

So, are we saying that I can order bourbon from room service and drink at my leisure, but if I get it from a gift shop, they hold it till the end of the cruise?

What's the point?

So, are we saying that I can order bourbon from room service and drink at my leisure, but if I get it from a gift shop, they hold it till the end of the cruise?

What's the point?

as I said in a previous post, the gift shop booze is duty free.....and much cheaper than the room service booze

as I said in a previous post, the gift shop booze is duty free.....and much cheaper than the room service booze

Ok. It just seems that 'Colo Cruiser' was contradicting that. I assume there is a "duty free" shop AND a separate "un-duty-free" gift shop on board.

(If it seems I'm being stupid about all this, I am. I only have one cruise to my credit thus far and it was with NCL. Much different policy on alcohol, it seems.)

just put it in checked bag and drink it in cabin/balcony not on deck or at the pool. I just am not willing to pay $20 for 375 ml bottles. I probably would pay and extra $100 pp if they provided a decent set up in the cabin when you board. Now there could be a money maker for them.

Ok. It just seems that 'Colo Cruiser' was contradicting that. I assume there is a "duty free" shop AND a separate "un-duty-free" gift shop on board.

(If it seems I'm being stupid about all this, I am. I only have one cruise to my credit thus far and it was with NCL. Much different policy on alcohol, it seems.)

No your original post said you have to surrender the alcohol purchased in the gift shop. While technically true you will never have possesion of it until the day before the cruise ends. You just order it. ;)

Yes room service booze can be consumed immediately.

The point is they want you buying the ships alcohol to consume not duty free.

Archived