11am flight?

SantaAna,CA

It does not show shadow in port (san pedro) on Oct 3rd or 12th in LAX? Am I looking at the wrong place?
Not sure. I don't know the LA ports. But Cruise Report lists two of them: "Los Angeles", and "Los Angeles (San Pedro)". Shadow is shown in the former on both dates, along with Norwegian Star and Sapphire Princess on the 3rd and on its own on the 12th. HTH.

Not sure. I don't know the LA ports. But Cruise Report lists two of them: "Los Angeles", and "Los Angeles (San Pedro)". Shadow is shown in the former on both dates, along with Norwegian Star and Sapphire Princess on the 3rd and on its own on the 12th. HTH.

My mistake, I found what you were speaking of. Sorry.

We just disembarked the Shadow in L.A. last Thursday (someone told me that the correct word is "debarked", but that sounds like something you would do to a dog or a tree). The L.A. port is wonderful. Very well- organized, friendly, no crowds or aggravation, despite another huge ship at the next berth. Contrast this with the pier 35 at San Francisco, which is a real disgrace and caused much distress, particularly in terms of baggage handling, for the many people who left our cruise at that port. This was not the fault of Silversea, but was a real black eye for San Francisco.

I was able to change my flight to a later one, and AA didn't charge me a fee. Very nice of them. So I can breathe easy, and also go to Calvary Chapel Ft. Lauderdale Sunday morning. I was there three years ago when I came back from my first Seabourn cruise!

Is anyone familiar with Ft. Lauderdale? My flight is at 4:30pm and I thought I might drop by the butterfly farm on my way to the airport after church. I'm sure the car company that is squiring me around can tell me, but it would be fun to do both.

Thanks for all your input; very helpful.

Jane

Glad it worked out for you. Always nice to hear about airlines being NICE to passengers, too!

We just disembarked the Shadow in L.A. last Thursday (someone told me that the correct word is "debarked", but that sounds like something you would do to a dog or a tree). The L.A. port is wonderful. Very well- organized, friendly, no crowds or aggravation, despite another huge ship at the next berth. Contrast this with the pier 35 at San Francisco, which is a real disgrace and caused much distress, particularly in terms of baggage handling, for the many people who left our cruise at that port. This was not the fault of Silversea, but was a real black eye for San Francisco.

Given that the number of annual cruise ship departures from San Francisco is probably about the same number as leave LA in a 4-6 week period, do you really expect the same level of facilities and service?? Also, the ships passing through LA are significantly larger as well, so more passengers per departure.

Archived