Alaska w/kids what line?

stsomewhere

We are planning an family reunion Alaskan cruise next summer. Which line would be the best for kids?

Their ages are 13, 12, 11, 10,and 6.

My kids are spoiled by the kids program on Disney.( We are not sailing in 2011 because DCL prices are CRAZY)

Do any lines offer a covered pool?

Thanks

We are planning an family reunion Alaskan cruise next summer. Which line would be the best for kids?

Their ages are 13, 12, 11, 10,and 6.

My kids are spoiled by the kids program on Disney.( We are not sailing in 2011 because DCL prices are CRAZY)

Do any lines offer a covered pool?

Thanks

The Carnival Spirit and Royal Caribbean's Radiance class (Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel) all have covered pools and good kids programs.

The Carnival Spirit and Royal Caribbean's Radiance class (Radiance, Brilliance, Serenade and Jewel) all have covered pools and good kids programs.

Note when we cruised Alaska on Radiance the covered pool was adults only. Due to weather they opened it a couple hours a day for children.

Princess has covered pools and this summer they were open all the time for families in Alaska.

Note when we cruised Alaska on Radiance the covered pool was adults only. Due to weather they opened it a couple hours a day for children.

Princess has covered pools and this summer they were open all the time for families in Alaska.

This was someting that I was wondering about. We have sailed on RCCl Enchantment and the solarium area was adults only.

This was someting that I was wondering about. We have sailed on RCCl Enchantment and the solarium area was adults only.

It depends on the weather, bad weather it will be open a few hours. Decent weather it will not. And how they define good and bad I would not know. Alaska is not predictable.

I have sailed Princess, the kids all seem to have a great time. We had teens this last time on both sides of us, never heard them. They were busy with the kids clubs and all that is to do in Alaska.

Alaska is a very different type cruise with all there is to see. Families keep pretty busy. With the naturists on board and the kids club being able to dissect a jelly fish if they want there is a lot to do.

I can't speak for Princess (although I have heard lots of good things about their kids program), but my sons (6+4) had a blast on Celebrity. The older kids we saw also seemed to be having a good time. For pool hours, we didn't use it, but other parents did mention there was family time scheduled for the T-pool (the covered one)

Archived