Casual dining on Mercury

BonnieVA

My family will be enjoying our first Celebrity Cruise over Christmas. On Disney, everything was included except for the soda and alcoholic beverages. On Royal Caribbean and on Princess, they had ice cream (but no sprinkles) and you had to pay extra for it. Also had to pay for the coffee on Princess. Not crazy about the nickel and dimes spent after paying a few thousand for a suite on the cruise. Can anyone tell me what we'll have to pay extra for?

Thanks so much.

Sailing Sandy

The Palm Springs Cafe buffet at lunch runs from 12 noon to 2:30 pm. There is also a Casual Afternoon Tea from 4 pm to 5 pm. A salad bar runs from 12 noon to 9:30 pm.

Pizza & Pasta available from 12 noon to 10:30 pm. Sushi and Stir Fry served from 5 pm to 9:30 pm. Hamburgs & Hot dogs, salads & Grill Specials available at the Pool Grill from11:30am to 7:00pm and the best for last, Ice Cream from 12noon to 9:00 pm

Thanks, Dan!

From your explanation it sounds like they do not have a sit-down lunch with offerings from a menu. This was something we really enjoyed with NCL.

Is the sushi served buffet style or can we order from a menu?

Do you know anything about a wine package?

My family will be enjoying our first Celebrity Cruise over Christmas. On Disney, everything was included except for the soda and alcoholic beverages. On Royal Caribbean and on Princess, they had ice cream (but no sprinkles) and you had to pay extra for it. Also had to pay for the coffee on Princess. Not crazy about the nickel and dimes spent after paying a few thousand for a suite on the cruise. Can anyone tell me what we'll have to pay extra for?

Thanks so much.

Sailing Sandy

Soda and alcoholic drinks are extra, coffee is free except for Specialty drinks. Ice cream is free.

The Palm Springs Cafe buffet at lunch runs from 12 noon to 2:30 pm. There is also a Casual Afternoon Tea from 4 pm to 5 pm. A salad bar runs from 12 noon to 9:30 pm.

Pizza & Pasta available from 12 noon to 10:30 pm. Sushi and Stir Fry served from 5 pm to 9:30 pm. Hamburgs & Hot dogs, salads & Grill Specials available at the Pool Grill from11:30am to 7:00pm and the best for last, Ice Cream from 12noon to 9:00 pm

Great!.

Thanks for answering my question.

You paid extra for ice cream on Royal Caribbean? It's always been free.

Unless you went for the Ben & Jerry's. You can't expect them to give that out for free.

Mon,

They do have a sit down lunch from menus in the MDR on sea days 12 noon to 2:30pm. The MDR is closed on port days for lunch. Also, they will have a brunch in the MDR from 10:00am to 1:00pm on one of the sea days.

Sorry I didn't mean to mislead anyone, the schedules I posted are from the Palm Springs Cafe' on deck 11:)

Archived