Coast Guard Searches for Cruise Ship Passager off Alaska Coast

snausman

I just read this and did not see any other threads on this so I thought I would post it...

Coast Guard Searches for Cruise Ship Passenger Off Alaskan Coast

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 service_ap_36.gif

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A search has been launched in the waters of southeast Alaska and Canada for a 67-year-old woman reported missing from a cruise ship.

The passenger, who hasn't been identified, was noticed missing Wednesday morning when she didn't leave the Sapphire Princess at the Port of Vancouver, British Columbia.

The Princess Cruise liner departed Ketchikan on Monday on an Inside Passage cruise. The woman wasn't found during a search of the ship, and her personal belongings were in her state room.

The U.S. Coast Guard2.gif has sent a helicopter and boats to search from Ketchikan 86 miles south to include Dixon Entrance, Tongass Narrows and the northern end of Hecate Strait.

Canadian officials are searching from Vancouver 517 miles north to Hecate Strait.

Thank you for posting this news and ignore the rude post about what board this is.

Exactly, we post these things whenever they happen, it is cruise news...

Thank you both, I like to keep inform on what is happening in the world. And on the favorite hobby cruising.:D

It was reported today that she was caught on camera jumping overboard somewhere of the coast of Vancouver. She apparently was suffering from a terminal illness and decided to end her life. She apparently was planning this and had sold her home. Maybe she was suffering. Very sad.

Well, if she knew she was dying and chose to end it all maybe while doing something she loved I have no problem with it.

However, I think a note to that effect and saying she asked that no one look for her (don't know if that does any good, I'm sure its not legal) it would save all that money not to mention countless searchers working many hours.

And isn't it possible they will bill her estate?

I'm okay with taking your own life under certain circumstances and if your religion is okay with it, but I do think you owe it to the ones you leave behind to make sure your loose ends are taken care of. The guilt of a loved ones suicide is hard enough to bear without having to pay for it! JMO!

Archived