Best alaskan excursions for active teenagers

alaskabound2323

We did horseback riding in one of the Alaska Ports of Call with the kids.

Another nice one was Salmon Fishing.

Another nice one was going through a rain forest.

And another nice one was going whale watching but in a relatively small boat which carried just six passengers.

There are many others to research and to take.

Keith

Which ports? In Sitka, we LOVED the Rhino 4X4 excursion. Tons of fun, and I imagine your teens would enjoy it as well. Another year we went sea kayaking in Sitka, also a blast. Whale watching (with Harv and Marv's - highly recommend!) was awesome! I understand zip lining is fun as well, though you couldn't get me up there if you paid me! LOL! Perhaps a fishing excursion? Flightseeing (with Island Wings) in Ketchikan was an experience of a lifetime for us as well! Or how about helicopter to a glacier with some ice climbing? Can't get much more adventuresome than that! Go, enjoy, have a blast! Alaska is all about the amazing scenery, incredible wildlife, and just the essence of the wilderness! And those cracking, calving glaciers ain't bad either!:p

You need to list your ports and what are you looking at for budget??? There is a wide range of active touring, including free hiking, available everywhere, to multi hundred dollar excursions. Do your homework and look over a shore excursion list. Narrow down your interests. There is plenty to choose from. Then relist.

Loved the Zip lining in Ketchikan was there favorite excursion. A couple also enjoyed the Cart Adventure & Jet boat, also in Ketchikan. They did Mendenall Glacier and Kayaking in Juneau. In Skagway they went hiking on their own. In Anchorage they did the Segway tour and really like that. When we were at Denali they did they white water rafting while we went into the National Park.

They were not into being on a bus for long periods of time, but they had a really great time. (Ours were 15, 17,17,18) so they were able to not be supervised at all times and could go separate places from us.

Ok out there, I would like advice for the best excursions for outdoorsy, don't want to sit on a greyhound, active families with teenagers. If you have done any great excursions please share.

thanks

If you're visiting Skagway, try rock climbing. We booked through the ship (RCI) and it was called Klondike Rock Climbing but if you don't see any excursions that sound similar, and you are interested, let me know and I can probably find the tour operator on line. I've attached a few pictures to give you an idea.

IMG_0349.jpg.f085c14bda96bff550e8749ebe6b99d3.jpg

IMG_0352.jpg.39821e2def2c3c308465d44b1c6c72d9.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg.43616afc5a76bacdce8e35a0214472b6.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg.f5168e5f04e049506aabf87febf594b1.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg.c4768b07957413d8229ef3bfb93bf35a.jpg

• 1 month later...

We leave Vancouver June 16

Cruising

Ketchikan June 18

Juneau

Sitka

Skagway

Seward June 23

2 nights in Seward and 2 nights in Denali area on our own then back to Anchorage to fly home.

We are cruising on Regent and they have a lot of included excursions. so some we will have to pay for if the cruise does not offer something similar

Thanks for your help

Janet

Archived