So my hubby bought a tuxedo at a thrift shop...

TMJplus1

...and, surprisingly, it fits him nearly perfectly. He is going to take it down to his tailor tomorrow to have the jacket taken in a tiny bit (darn him for losing 10 pounds over the summer!), but for the crazy low price he paid for it he got very very lucky. Anyway, how this relates to HAL is that tonight he was trying on the jacket and reached into the pocket and found a drink receipt from the Ocean Bar on the Volendam from summer of 2007! Kind of a cute thing to find just a couple weeks out from our Eurodam cruise when just about anything gets us giddy with excitement for the trip! :D

P.S. The most shocking thing of all is this guy paid $11.90 for a champagne cocktail! :o

What a fun story.:) Clearly the "cruise fairy" put the tux there for your husband to find.:D

Champers cocktail ...,sounds like the previous owner had a great time on his cruise ...hoping the same for you.

We loved the Eurodam.the Silk Den and Tamarind are wonderful.

Tell us all about it when you get back H:)ppy Sailings

Thanks for all the great replies! We've decided to start a HAL formal night tradition of making sure hubby buys a ($12!) champagne cocktail in the Ocean Bar and leaves the receipt in the tux pocket.

I'm not positive where the Volendam was in July 2007 (anybody?) - but I believe it would have been on the Alaska circuit that summer.

My DH almost always has a blazer with him on all cruises. He always leaves a bar slip in his jacket pocket and when I bring it to the cleaner, I remove the slip and return it to the pocket when I bring the jacket home.

We always enjoy seeing which slip is in the pocket when he wears that jacket on a subsequent cruise. (He has several blazers and never wears his cruise blazer at home. :) )

in the pocket of my winter coat, is a great way to start the winter season!.. We also bought a Tux, in Anchorage recentle..complete for $35..and it fits "both of us" Hub looks great, and I weat it with a pretty cami, and flow-y pants/skirt. I'm alll over gently previously worn lovely things.

Archived