Grandeur is grander

oldIrish

:)My wife and I just came off the 9 day NE/C cruise sailing from Baltimore on 9/10. This was our 14the cruise but the first on RCCL. The majority have been with Celebrity and a couple with Princess. From the time we boarded until debarkation the service was exemplary. The crew could not do enough for you. I found the food while not gourmet was more than adequate and well presented. We both enjoyed the entertainment which was very fast paced, some great shows and a real surprise when Sarge showed up as one of the comedians.

We had a JS which we found to be very spacious.

I just moved Princess to the # 3 spot on my Favorite Crusie Lines.

The Grandeur is my favorite ship! I'm getting ready for my 4th cruise on this ship. You're right about the staff-always excellent service.

Could I ask you-did you have a flat screen TV in your JS? I read where they were replacing all the older TV's. And did you have a coffee pot or french press for coffee in your room? I've also heard that they were putting pots in all rooms JS and above.

Thanks

We couldn't agree more about Grandeur. We just got back from the 5-night Bermuda cruise and had a wonderful time. This is the 4th year in a row we've sailed on Grandeur to Bermuda and/or New England. We actually had several crew members come up to us to welcome us back and tell us they were glad to see us again. Talk about making you feel welcome! We were very privileged to have been invited to dine with Captain Rob. He is a very chaming, approachable (and pretty darn good lookin') gentleman. Loved his noon updates - "Remember to wash your hands - And brush your teeth." Grandeur and Enchantment are going to swap itineraries next year, with Grandeur home porting in Panama and Enchantment coming to Norfolk and Baltimore. Captain Rob told us that he will be transferring over to Enchantment when it repositions.

We arrived home yesterday from a Bermuda cruise on Grandeur. It was a perfect cruise from start to finish. The passengers were all relaxed and pleasant. The entertainment was all new to us and very good. The crew remembered us from past cruises and made us feel so welcomed. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. It was a relief to hear Captain Rob and many of the crew will be transferring to Enchantment. I look forward to cruising with them again.

And we were in a GS, which presumably for all those extra $$$$ would get one.

Although we did have a more normal sized TV ... my sister, in the RFS, had one of those tiny ones. No sense to that!

If I could have Anthony from the Grandeur as my steward on every cruise, I wouldn't care if I had any TV...

el henry

The Grandeur is my favorite ship! I'm getting ready for my 4th cruise on this ship. You're right about the staff-always excellent service.

Could I ask you-did you have a flat screen TV in your JS? I read where they were replacing all the older TV's. And did you have a coffee pot or french press for coffee in your room? I've also heard that they were putting pots in all rooms JS and above.

Thanks

I can answer these as we had a JS on Grandeur in July. The tvs are not flat screen. They still have the small older tv's. We had a coffee pot, but no press. We didn't use it though. We prefer specialty coffee so we went to the coffee bar most mornings.

That sounds right. I think the New England one may have been 5-8 but then supper is 5:30 and 8 on the New England cruises versus 6 and 8:30.

There was also a continental breakfast every morning on the right side of deck 5 in the dining room. The fruit looked delicious but we never made it in there for it.

We were on the 9/10 New England cruise as well. It was a very enjoyable cruise. Our 13th on this ship. As someone has already mentioned its amazing when they remember you and welcome you back.

Thanks

No flat screen but you do have a coffee pot as well as a pot to boil water for tea.

I love having a coffee pot in the room. I know I can order room service but I want my coffee as soon as I wake up and I never know what time that will be so can't put the card out the night before and don't want to call when I wake up then have to wait. So this is great news.

Was it a one cup thing or like the small pots in hotel rooms?

So glad to see a recent review of this ship from a newbie to RCCL. We are going to be sailing on the Grandeur in Feb. and are anxious newbies ourselves, but all the positive posts about the ship are easing my concerns. We were lucky enough to get one of the big aft RFS cabins for our group of 5, so we are excited about that! :)

We arrived home yesterday from a Bermuda cruise on Grandeur. It was a perfect cruise from start to finish. The passengers were all relaxed and pleasant. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. It was a relief to hear Captain Rob and many of the crew will be transferring to Enchantment. I look forward to cruising with them again.

I was with you on the Grandeur and couldn't agree more. This was my first experience with RCCL and it was great. I thought the ship was lovely, well maintained and very clean, and the staff were the best. Captain Rob is a great captain, and it's good to know that he and his crew will be with the Enchantment when she comes to Baltimore.

I love having a coffee pot in the room. I know I can order room service but I want my coffee as soon as I wake up and I never know what time that will be so can't put the card out the night before and don't want to call when I wake up then have to wait. So this is great news.

Was it a one cup thing or like the small pots in hotel rooms?

Only good for two cups individually. You place the cup under the spout.

Which RFS do you have? I've stayed in 8084-corner aft and will be staying there again in 3 weeks! It's a great location-room is huge and you won't believe the balcony! I love it!

You'll have a great time.

We have the other corner-8584. I read about it on these boards, so I knew to ask about it's availability!

It's great to hear all these glowing reviews of Grandeur. We've never sailed her, but we're on the repo cruise in November. I was a little concerned that we won't like the Grandeur as much as the Radiance class ships that we've sailed on, but it sounds like I shouldn't worry at all.

14 days on the Grandeur....what's not to like? :D I can't wait!!!

Archived