How is our room/ should we book next cruise on board

Murphy&Bailey

My husband and I will be sailing on the Emerald Princess on January 24, 2010. Our Room is A601 category BC. Is this room one with the larger balconys and how is the location? This will be our second cruise with Princess. Our first cruise was on the Sun Princess back in 1997.

Is is worth while to book your next cruise while on our Jan 24th cruise. If we do book it then and the price goes down will we get the adjustment?

Thank you for your help.

Carol

My husband and I will be sailing on the Emerald Princess on January 24, 2010. Our Room is A601 category BC. Is this room one with the larger balconys and how is the location? This will be our second cruise with Princess. Our first cruise was on the Sun Princess back in 1997.

Is is worth while to book your next cruise while on our Jan 24th cruise. If we do book it then and the price goes down will we get the adjustment?

Thank you for your help.

Carol

Hi Carol: Can't help you with the room question but we've done 8 cruises with Princess and everytime while on board we put a deposit down towards a future cruise. It works great because a letter outlining the deposit is delivered to your cabin, and I take the letter to my TA when I am ready to book. The last time that we did it we got a $250 on board credit towards a future cruise because they were doing some big promo on board.

We've never booked on board. Their prices seem to be higher than we can get from our TA.

You might want to look into a Future Cruise Credit though. The tour lady on board can explain it all or you can look through this board for info.

It really is a win/win thing. We always keep 1 or 2 on hand.

Wheher you book onboard or not is up to you. However, definitely get a Future Cruise Credit for each of you. They are $100. For that you get the $100 deposit for the next cruise you book, plus an onboard credit of $25 to $150 depending on the length of the cruise and whether you book inside or outside cabin.

Thank you for your help.

Carol

Your balcony should be 9 ft X 5 ft in this stateroom. For the 9 ft X 9 ft balcony, you would have to upgrade to a BB stateroom on Caribe deck.

Your cabin has a standard balcony size. It's the width of the cabin and 5' deep, large enough for two chairs and a small table. The standard balcony cabins with the larger (9' x 9') are on Caribe deck.

If you have a specific cruise you want to take, book your cruise while onboard but make it a "Princess" booking. Then, when you get home, you can shop around among TAs for the lowest price for the category you booked. When you find a TA you want to use, give them the booking # and they will give you their lower price for the cabin you've already booked. Sometimes, TAs have blocks of cabins set aside for their customers so it's possible they may have a different cabin at an even lower rate.

If you don't have a specific cruise in mind, buy a Future Cruise Credit for $100 apiece. You can use this as the deposit for any cruise for up to four years plus you get an onboard credit (the amount depends on your cabin and length of sailing) of between $25 - 100. Remember, you now have to buy an FCC for each person in the cabin.

Thank you for your help.

Carol

We were in cabin A501 on the Ruby in March and loved the location. It is about 5 cabins forward of A601. We are in cabin A602 on our Emerald cruise in Apr. 2010. We reserved the cabin because we liked the location so much. The balcony is standard size but we thought it was plenty big.

Archived