Egypt Help

PROCRUISE

Looking at visiting Egypt next September-2010. Have searched the internet, and read many interesting descriptions from those who have been there. I've pretty much narrowed our choice down to " Absolute Egypt "-12 day tour with Indus Travel. Anyone ever used this company? I read Seafun's narrative of his experience with Gate 1-15 day tour of Egypt, but our TA simply tells us you get what you pay for, with regards to Gate 1. So, I looking for some additional insights-anyone out there with some input?

Looking at visiting Egypt next September-2010. Have searched the internet, and read many interesting descriptions from those who have been there. I've pretty much narrowed our choice down to " Absolute Egypt "-12 day tour with Indus Travel. Anyone ever used this company? I read Seafun's narrative of his experience with Gate 1-15 day tour of Egypt, but our TA simply tells us you get what you pay for, with regards to Gate 1. So, I looking for some additional insights-anyone out there with some input?

Never heard of Indus Travel. I've never used Gate 1, but Seafun's trip notwithstanding, I've heard enough negative that I would have second thoughts. I've used Trafalgar and Vantage and would recommend either of them for Egypt. We used Vantage for Egypt because of the following reasons:

they included all airfare in the brochure price;

they included all tours with the exception of the balloon ride and a tour of Old Cairo (both of which I would strongly recommend)

they included Abu Simbel which is substantially extra on most tours; and

they included TWO cruises one on Lake Nasser and the other on the Nile.

It is probably nowhere more true than travel that you get what you pay for......most of the time.

Are you locked in to October? It could still be a little on the hot side. November to Feb. are the best times to go.

Never heard of Indus Travel. I've never used Gate 1, but Seafun's trip notwithstanding, I've heard enough negative that I would have second thoughts. I've used Trafalgar and Vantage and would recommend either of them for Egypt. We used Vantage for Egypt because of the following reasons:

they included all airfare in the brochure price;

they included all tours with the exception of the balloon ride and a tour of Old Cairo (both of which I would strongly recommend)

they included Abu Simbel which is substantially extra on most tours; and

they included TWO cruises one on Lake Nasser and the other on the Nile.

It is probably nowhere more true than travel that you get what you pay for......most of the time.

Are you locked in to October? It could still be a little on the hot side. November to Feb. are the best times to go.

Thanks for the great info. Will be looking at Vantage, thanks to you!!

We've been to Egypt twice - once via ship overnight, and once for a 2 week land trip with Nile cruise. Both times we used Nile Blue. I can't say enough about the service, itinerary, and knowledge of Hazem, Ghada and their people. Hazem responds to emails quickly, does not require a deposit, and his knowledge and English are fantastic:

Hazem El Azzazy

General Manager

Nile Blue Tours

Address: Mahmoud El Manakhly St, Health Tower (B), Port Said, Egypt.

Tel: +20 66 364 69 55

Cell: +20 12 28 71 367 / +20 12 40 77 007 / + 20 10 425 43 05

Fax: +20 66 365 47 55

E-Mail: info@nilebluetours.com & manager@nilebluetours.com

Web: *********************** & www.nileblueexcursions.com

• 3 months later...

Archived