Hawaii

shayne12

Hi Shayne - Please join our Roll Call for the Zaandam on the 23rd. It will be a great cruise. I know because everyone we've been on has been great. Some are greater than others and that is usually because of the people we meet.

We've sailed a bunch of times from San Diego in October (we live here) and this will be our fifth R/T Hawaii. Right now the weather is still quite warm, September is the best summer month here. The weather is usually very mild in October. Once you get to sea the first few days are likely to be brisk and of course the same on the way back. A light jacket would be a good idea.

This is our first HAL Hawaii, but on other ships the pools have always been open. We've found that whatever the weather has been when we've left it seems to stay about the same until we get pretty close the the islands.

We always dress casually. The suit goes on on formal nights, but this trip with four formal nights we'll probably skip at least one and dine in the Lido.

Drop by our Roll Call and say hello - there is more information there.

Aloha and we'll see you in less than four weeks!

We have done Hawaii many times in the Fall. The pools onboard have never been closed due to cold weather. They do close them sometimes if the waves get to rockin'.

We live in Az. and are very quick to get cold. We have found that a sweater works for us in SD. It may be cool for the first two days at sea going over and the last two coming back.

You may want to wear jeans those days, otherwise it's time for shorts, capris or whatever onboard during the day.

The Pacific is a cold, deep ocean so at the beginning of the cruise it could be cool at night on the decks. HAL ships have a retractable roof over the pool so unless there are heavy seas, you can swim. Light jacket or light sweater is recommended by HAL cruisers. Aloha!:)

Have a great cruise to Hawaii. I have done this one twice and last year I did it in October.

The first day at sea was rough and cool. The second day was cool. The closer you get to Hawaii, the warmer it gets. Hilo, Honolulu, Kawai, Maui and the Kona Coast were all wonderful.

How about in Jan/Feb? All my cruises have been to the Caribbean and, believe it or not, I hadn't considered that it might be cool on the way over to Hawaii and back! We were planning to take only 1-2 long pants and 4-5 shorts. Should we take more long pants? More t-shirts than tank tops? Definitely a jacket.

Barbara,

We did this cruise in late February of this year and it was cool. There were high winds and the seas were rough. We had a great time but didn't get to make much use of the balcony except in ports.

We had to miss Kauai because of the winds but that is just a good reason to do this one again.

Bookfinder

Barbara,

We did this cruise in late February of this year and it was cool. There were high winds and the seas were rough. We had a great time but didn't get to make much use of the balcony except in ports.

We had to miss Kauai because of the winds but that is just a good reason to do this one again.

Bookfinder

Thanks for the info. It affects what we'll pack. We will have fun, no matter what! And when I look at all there is to do on the islands, I'm pretty sure we'll be doing this cruise again, too.

Archived