Need advice - Princess gave us TERRIBLE flights!

Lynniepoo

Hi everybody,thanks for all the advice!!

I will keep everyone posted.

Thank you for the update, been thinking of you, hoping things have been fix.

A first Dream Cruises is very important, after that you will be a semi pro & go with the flow will be much easier, but the details matter Especially now and getting to your port is a very important detail.

Are you getting into port a day ahead of boarding the ship?

chat soon

You should really go back and see how it has changed. The only time I have seen lines like that for security is around Thanksgiving or Christmas.

And the OP would not even have to clear security making a connection in Atlanta unless they went all the way into the terminal.:confused:

Mike:)

Well, I might consider going back, but the interminable construction on I-85 North just south of Atlanta has been going on for three years, and adds another hour to get to ATL-Hartsfield! Question: WHY should those awful Security lines be the nightmare of old during Thanksgiving and Christmas? ATL-Hartsfield is the (forgive me for shouting) WORLD'S LARGEST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT and should have figured out long ago how to handle Security lines - even during heavy travel times! And...the OP isn't going back into the Main Terminal, but simply changing CONCOURSES. As you know, there are several. (T-Gates don't count). Concourses A, B, C, D, and E (international). You can access them by train or by walking really fast. Either way, you still have to go up a loooong escalator and then find your gate on these really loooong concourses! Forty minute turnaround time? That's FAA time. Not real time, especially mid-day.

OP -- I don't know what dates in December you are flying, but looking on the DL site, it looks like there is a flight with 1 hour 45 minutes layover in ATL before going on to LAX and SYD (this is actually the "through" flight). If you can believe it, DL is currently showing 35 minutes as a legal time for that flight I'm suspected you're booked on.

What does all this mean to you? Well, chances are good you MAY not make that 40 (now 35) minute connection. However, there is another flight that leaves an hour later that you and/or your luggage should be able to make. You can TRY to request that through flight (DL 17) ATL-SYD (with a stop in LAX) although depending on the date, there may not be any "cheap" seats. I'm guessing this flight is a popular ATL-LAX due to it being on a B777.

Keep pushing for what you really want with your TA. I have high hopes, regardless, though, that you will make the flight to SYD one way or another.

Hi everybody!

My TA emailed me back today and said she was able to get our flights changed at no charge. We now are flying from CLT to ATL, have a layover of 1 3/4 hours, then fly from ATL to SYD! Still not the best, but a whole lot better!

Couldn't have done it without your help!

That's great news! That was the flight I was seeing that is the "thru" flight and the one I couldn't understand why they didn't put you on in the FIRST place. Glad it worked out for you. Now, just a reminder, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep checking the Delta site at least once a week to make sure your flights/times are OK. They are notorious for changes and since you don't leave until December, they've got a LOT of time to change!

Have a fabulous trip!

For those who think cruise air is wonderful, and deviation fees reasonable, take a look at the "Cruise Air and Deviation Air" posting on the the Cruise Air site. It explains it very well-exactly what a former TA told me when she cautioned us about taking cruise air on standard return flight-particularly in NA. We found out the hard way many years ago...we were booked on a FIVE leg Delta trip from Athens to Vancouver that could not be changed. It was a group thing and as I learned afterwards..CONSOLIDATOR tickets.

SUCCESS!!!!! Have a great trip :D

Hi everybody!

My TA emailed me back today and said she was able to get our flights changed at no charge. We now are flying from CLT to ATL, have a layover of 1 3/4 hours, then fly from ATL to SYD! Still not the best, but a whole lot better!

Couldn't have done it without your help!

Archived