HAL charging card for excursions, etc. when booked?

V and S

True, true! I do think CD's still earn 4 or 5 %, but surely we would not need to cash one of them in to pay for an excursion. Maybe the whole cruise-but not an excursion.

I wish I could find a relatively secure CD for 4-5%. My bank is presently offering 12-month "high yield" CD's for 1.35%! I've seen some others, but from banks I've never heard of, as high as 2%. Think I'll stick with pre-booking as much as I can and paying it off as soon as I can before the cruise.

I wish I could find a relatively secure CD for 4-5%. My bank is presently offering 12-month "high yield" CD's for 1.35%! I've seen some others, but from banks I've never heard of, as high as 2%. Think I'll stick with pre-booking as much as I can and paying it off as soon as I can before the cruise.

Okay-I had not checked lately-well I may as well keep my money in the saving account then-not worth moving it for that. I will have to decide when mine mature-if we don't for see needing the money-I guess we may as well allow it to stay in a CD.

LOL! You know with terms like that-I think maybe we would be smart to pay our house off-except as soon as we did-some major expense would come up-and we would regret it.

I always try and book my excursions ahead of time so I can pay for them prior to the cruise.

I just got back from the Oosterdam and I had booked a shore excursion for the day we were in Sicily. A few days prior to leaving I met someone on CC that had set up a private driver for this port and had room for 2 more.

As soon as I got onboard I cancelled this shore excursion (8 days before the date of the excursion). I did not know this - I guess I missed it... but they charge 10% of the cost of the excursion as a restocking fee....

Just an FYI if your plans change.

Thanks for pointing this out..We normally don't book HAL excursions until we board, but figured this time we should think about booking a few of them in advance..I've never actually had to think about the 10% cancellation fee before..

According to the HAL WEB site:

Quote All cancellations that are made less than 5 days prior to cruise departure are subject to a 10% cancellation fee. In addition, if you cancel your tour reservation after the booking deadline stated in the Shore Excursions Order Form on board, or if you cancel a Signature Collection private tour, a 100% cancellation fee will apply since transportation and services will have already been arranged. Unquote

With Friends we're on a B2B Fort Lauderdale-San Diego Nov. 13..This is a conundrum..

Had planned to pre-book the Amador by night tour on Dec 7...If we have to cancel, does the cancellation have to be done by Nov. 08, which is 5 days before our Ft. Lauderdale Departure...Or, does it have to be done by Nov. 22, 5 days before departure from San Diego on Nov. 27 to avoid the 10% cancellation fee?

Has anyone ever had to cancel a tour on a B2B & do you know the answer..If not will guess we should call or e-mail ships services...

Thanks..Betty

Archived