Prague Restaurant Recommendations

Tom2

We are spending four days in Prague on a post Danube River Cruise and are interested in any restaurant recommendations you might have. We will be traveling with our daughter and son-in-law and are especially interested in a very nice restaurant for a farewell dinner.

Thank you,

Tom

We are spending four days in Prague on a post Danube River Cruise and are interested in any restaurant recommendations you might have. We will be traveling with our daughter and son-in-law and are especially interested in a very nice restaurant for a farewell dinner.

Thank you,

Tom

Tom,

We just returned from a wonderful trip to Prague and can recommend three wonderful palaces to dine. All three were recommend to us by people have spent lots of time in Prague and the prices are reasonable.

Gitanes is a small little restaurant located in the Mala Strana (Little Quarter) District of Prague about two blocks from the St. Nicklaus Church. The restaurant has three beautifully decorated small rooms where you dine and the food is delicious. There are pictures of this restaurant on my Prague video. For information on seeing this video click on http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1062477

Restaurant Gitanes

Trziste 7 (located about three blocks from the Little Quarter Bridge Tower)

http://www.gitanes.cz/en/index.html

The second recommendation is Café Imperial in the Imperial Hotel located very close to Stare Mesto (Old Town). It is just around the corner from the Prague Hilton Old Town. The chef has his only cooking show on Prague television. My wife and I ate there from our 47th anniversary. She had the Lamb Shank with Creamed Spinach and proclaimed it the best meal of her life.

Café Imperial

Na Porici 15 (located at the corner of Na Porici and Zlatnichka streets)

http://www.cafeimperial.cz/en/index.php

I would recommend any of the resutrantes located on the Old Town Square because of the prices, but just around the corner from the square is a great little outdoor café for a quick beer, wine, pizza, or a complete meal. The service is great and the prices are cheap.

Ristorante Lascala

Staroměstské náměstí 14 (located next to the Church of Our Lady of Tyn, just off the Old

Town Square)

http://www.lascala.cz/lascala_en.htm

Have a great time in Prague. This is one of my favorite cities in Europe. Gitanes or the Cafe Imperial would be a great place for your farewell dinner.

Ron aka CruzerTwo aka CruzerToo

We ate a one called the "Crazy Cow". Sorry I cannot give you the exact address but it is off the square. It was not fancy, had wooden tables, the waiter was dressed in levi's, but the food was very good. Not expensive either which was good too. We 400 gram piece of steak, not realizing how much that might be. It was like a small roast, but cooked exactly like we wanted it to be.

In our 3 days in Prague last month, we had 3 delicious, reasonably priced dinners that I can heartily recommend, all near the Old Town Square:

Kolkovna - V Kolkovne8 - 224-819-701 for reservations

Mlejnice - Kozna 14 (no reservations)

Staromacek - Dlouha 4 (no reservations)

Enjoy beautiful, delicious Prague!

Correction to my earlier post. I meant to say "DON'T" eat at any of the restaurants overlooking the Old Town Square unless you are willing to spend more money for the atmosphere. We had a glass of wine at the open-air restaurant in from of the Clock Tower and the price was about 3 times more that the restaurants just a block or two off the square.

Enjoy this beautiful city.

Ron

Thank you for all of the suggestions, I love Cruise Critic for the wealth of knowledge that is available. Ron, Cruzer Two, what a great video of Prague and I love the way you integrated the music. Prague looks like a beautiful city and we are really looking forward to our visit.

Tom

Thank you for all of the suggestions, I love Cruise Critic for the wealth of knowledge that is available. Ron, Cruzer Two, what a great video of Prague and I love the way you integrated the music. Prague looks like a beautiful city and we are really looking forward to our visit.

Tom

Tom,

Thanks for the nice comments on the video. Yes, Prague is beautiful. You are in for a real treat. Either of the two restaurants I recommended would be perfect for your special farewell dinner.

As for transportation to the airport, the cheapest way to go is the Cedaz Airport Shuttle http://www.cedaz.cz/about-transport-services.php. There are two options. The bus will pick you up at your hotel and transport you to the airport for 240CZ per person or you can catch the regular shuttle that leaves from the Prague Hilton Old Town to the airport for 120CZ per person. The regular shuttle leaves the Hilton on the hour and half hour starting at 7:30 am. If you use the shuttle make sure you tell them your terminal number when arriving at the airport - most of international departures to the USA leave from Terminal One.

I hope this helps. Have a great trip - wish we were going along.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Just printed off this thread and will pack it. I leave Monday for London, Paris (already have your video and printed out suggestions) then a river cruise to Prague for another two days. Have to watch the Prague video this weekend then will be all set!!!

Hi to Carol!!

Pat - aka Cliffdweller

Hi Ron,

Just printed off this thread and will pack it. I leave Monday for London, Paris (already have your video and printed out suggestions) then a river cruise to Prague for another two days. Have to watch the Prague video this weekend then will be all set!!!

Hi to Carol!!

Pat - aka Cliffdweller

Hi Pat,

It is so good to hear from you again. I didn't know you were planning a river cruise this fall. WOW! London, Paris, and Prague all in one trip - it doesn't get much better. If you have never been to Prague you are in for a real treat. Next to Paris, this is one of my favorite cities in Europe. Are you staying in Prague for a few days at the end of your cruise? If so, you will love the two restaurants that I recommended. Carol's favorite was the Cafe Imperial, but I loved them both.

Compared to other major cities in Europe the prices in Prague are really cheap if you stay away from the restaurants facing the Old Town Square. My Prague video shows all of the major tourist sites in and around Old Prague and the Prague Castle area. Hopefully, you will have time to take in all of the sights.

Hugs,

Ron

Ron,

Just watched the Prague video - wonderful - can't wait to see all those places for myself!! Looks like you and Carol had a great anniversary.

I leave Monday on Viking with a 4 day pre-cruise extension in London - will end in Prague 2 weeks later and I think it will be a fitting end to a wonderful trip.

Thanks for all your help as always!!

Pat

Ron,

Just watched the Prague video - wonderful - can't wait to see all those places for myself!! Looks like you and Carol had a great anniversary.

I leave Monday on Viking with a 4 day pre-cruise extension in London - will end in Prague 2 weeks later and I think it will be a fitting end to a wonderful trip.

Thanks for all your help as always!!

Pat

Pat,

I looked at your Viking itinerary and it is great. We will have to consider this trip for next year. Several of the port calls would have special meaning for Carol. Her father was killed in the Battle at Trier during WWII and is buried in the American Cemetery at Luxembourg. We visited there several years ago and it was quite a moving experience. General Patton is buried there at the head of the cemetery facing his troops.

The portion of your cruise from Koblenz to Heidelberg is along the most scenic section of the Rhine River with vineyards and castles at every turn. Rüdesheim is a really neat little town – make sure you have a beer somewhere along the Drosselgasse. Just south of Rudesheim is the city of Mainz. I have spent many a night at the Mainz Hilton on the river. This was the Delta crew hotel for Frankfurt. In Heidelberg, the views from the Castle are specular. I have not been to Bamberg, but I understand from friends that the well preserved Old Town is really something special. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

I so wish we were going with you and will be very anxious to hear from you when you return.

Bon Voyage,

Ron

Archived