Cutting back on things.

martinchem

I have no problem with cruiselines cutting back a little but it wouldn't hurt If they offered pins, postcards and ship prints in their on-ship stores for sale for the guests that look forward to them, I know many people who collect the memories and don't wish to see that end, at least ther would be an availability. They could include the pillow chocolates with that list or maybe leaving one on the last night as a thanks and come back gesture.

The pins are going to be sold in the store and postcards are at the pursers desk for the asking. I do wish that they would make available the ship prints. I only got one before they cut them out. Had it laminated for a table mat.

When did they stop giving them out? We got one on the Splendor in April.

Our last ship print was on the Elation about two years ago too, we have them from nine ships, and many are framed in an 11X14 on the wall in the den, friends and family love them and they bring back great memories of good times, new friends and awesome trips.

I have no problem with cruiselines cutting back a little but it wouldn't hurt If they offered pins, postcards and ship prints in their on-ship stores for sale for the guests that look forward to them, I know many people who collect the memories and don't wish to see that end, at least there would be an availability. They could include the pillow chocolates with that list or maybe leaving one on the last night as a thanks and come back gesture.

It does seem like they could still sell in shop pins and prints, like you think that would be making money.

We were on the Freedom in january of '08, I wonder if one was available on request. I sure would get a ship print in the shops if they would offer them, someone mentioned they could be found on ebay, but it's not the same as getting them while on the ship, I'd like one for each ship we've cruised on.

I will miss the ship prints - have the ones we did received laminated and use them for decorator placemats. Great to put them on the table mid winter when all is blah - brings back great memories!

Now that's a nice idea, we must many stuffed away somewhere. We can also put them out for the pre-cruise parties we have. Thanks!

I have never received a ship print except for our very first cruise on Jubilee in 2001!

I guess it's just me, but I really don't care about these things. I have my ship pins, and I think I have most of my S&S cards, but I'm not a collector as such. I just tend to keep things from vacation.

I don't use placemats, and I sure as heck am not going to spend the money to have something like that framed!

Making these things available for purchase still means they would have to incur the cost to produce them. They're using up old inventory, correct? To re-produce these things now would probably cost much more than they did originally.

As a shareholder, I much prefer that they cut out things like this (and I have seen no cutbacks of anything as of yet) and keep the base cruise fares low.

I just take my own photos to have for cruise memories. The last thing I'm going to be concerned about are mints, pins and cheap ship prints. JMHO.

Just got back from doing b2b on Destiny last week. No prints and no pins. What I was MOST upset about was the danish isn't offered through the room service anymore! :eek: No coffee/danish on the balcony when I wake up in the middle of the night. lol Still offered on the card to hang on the door at night and on the buffet. I usually wake up 2-5 am and can't have to sit on the balcony a bit then go back to bed. I ordered coffee and danish and didn't even look at the room service menu.....quite the surprise when they said not offered there anymore. :(

Kat

The biggest problem with ship's pins and photos seems that everyone, except Carnival, was making money from them by selling them on E-Bay!

This is bad news for the limited number of genuine collectors who looks forward to receiving a ship pin and a ship print on board. They are not interest in selling these items to make a profit, but rather to add to their personal collection.

I loved the ship prints and have framed one in my apartment with a store bought frame that costed under $10. Whenever I see the print, I remember my vacation and the fond memories associated with it. Guests who see the print always want to know if it is a geniune water color because the colors are so vivid.

MARAPRINCE

we got our past guest pins just this past week on the conquest.

Yep, and I got all the breakfast meats I wanted. More than I asked for on several occasions so I'm a little confused about these "Carnival is cutting back ...." threads.

So I no longer get a paper placemat with a picture of the ship....big deal!

Archived