crazies back from the conquest

sixgun8

We sail on the Conquest on the 11th (less than 2 weeks). When were the formal nights? So, no time changes in GC compared to ship time? What about at Cozumel or MoBay?

The time change only happens when the ship sails on the Bahamas itinerary. Going west, expect the ship time to remain the same as port time.

Formal nights were the first sea day and Friday. However, going west the formal nights are the first sea day and Thursday.

:)

I'll admit it I'm an odd little cookie. I enjoy the Muster Drills. They are boring yes and standing there for 20-30 minutes waiting for everyone to arrive at their stations can be a bit daunting but I take advantage of it by making new friends and talking to all the people around me. That way when we run across each other during the week it is an easy ice breaker to start up a conservation. I keep hearing that more and more Muster Drills are being held in lounges with just a safety talk. Is this the case on The Conquest? Or do I still get to race down the stairs and try and make it to the Muster Station before my family and friends.

BTW - I'm 60 years old, young lady :p, and can race down a flight of stairs with the youngest of them.

The time change only happens when the ship sails on the Bahamas itinerary. Going west, expect the ship time to remain the same as port time.

Formal nights were the first sea day and Friday. However, going west the formal nights are the first sea day and Thursday.

Good Morning Mach,

I thought you were on The Conquest this week!? What are you doing up so early? Opps, my boss just walked in. Time for me to get back to work.

Lady

I'll admit it I'm an odd little cookie. I enjoy the Muster Drills. They are boring yes and standing there for 20-30 minutes waiting for everyone to arrive at their stations can be a bit daunting but I take advantage of it by making new friends and talking to all the people around me. That way when we run across each other during the week it is an easy ice breaker to start up a conservation. I keep hearing that more and more Muster Drills are being held in lounges with just a safety talk. Is this the case on The Conquest? Or do I still get to race down the stairs and try and make it to the Muster Station before my family and friends.

BTW - I'm 60 years old, young lady :p, and can race down a flight of stairs with the youngest of them.

Muster was indeed held at the muster stations. And we were done before sail away thank goodness, but we still missed the push off from the dock due to drink mixing issues.

Mach, have not seen nor heard from you in a while, thought you might be cruising. So I have a question. What is the methodology for the changing (or not) of ship's time? I know in this case there was not a change, but it appears on some cruises they change and others they do not. Any idea?

Mach, have not seen nor heard from you in a while, thought you might be cruising. So I have a question. What is the methodology for the changing (or not) of ship's time? I know in this case there was not a change, but it appears on some cruises they change and others they do not. Any idea?

Hey, Jimbo! I've been here. Of course, I was on the Crazies last week so I was MIA but I was posting yesterday.

Simple... too many tour operators not understanding the time difference involved with a ship sailing from a western port.

Pretty much everything that visits the Bahamas originates from the east coast. The port time for our Texas ship was an hour behind and it caused a bunch of late departures as they waited the extra hour for the tours to catch up!!

there really isn't a system in place. When we cruised Western Carib on the conquest under Capt. Fazzio's helm, we DID change times for the Jamaicana dn Grand Cayman part. So it's hit and miss. I would wish carnival would make this a fleetwide and exact decision one way or the other.

Hey, Jimbo! I've been here. Of course, I was on the Crazies last week so I was MIA but I was posting yesterday.

Simple... too many tour operators not understanding the time difference involved with a ship sailing from a western port.

Pretty much everything that visits the Bahamas originates from the east coast. The port time for our Texas ship was an hour behind and it caused a bunch of late departures as they waited the extra hour for the tours to catch up!!

Makes sense, thanks for the reply. I NEVER wear a watch while on a cruise, the boss seems to like to handle that aspect anyway. She refuses to alter time on her watch (it is small and frankly hard to make changes on) and as a result, we are always calculating time....local to ship etc. So it seems more so now than ever before, having add in a change in ship time to the mix does make it interesting, especially when on shore and having a cocktail or two...

So how was your cruise with the crazies?

Makes sense, thanks for the reply. I NEVER wear a watch while on a cruise, the boss seems to like to handle that aspect anyway. She refuses to alter time on her watch (it is small and frankly hard to make changes on) and as a result, we are always calculating time....local to ship etc. So it seems more so now than ever before, having add in a change in ship time to the mix does make it interesting, especially when on shore and having a cocktail or two...

so far beyond expectations that pictures don't even do it justice.

Stunning... simply stunning...

I knew it would be a great time, after all, we've been plotting and planning for nearly two years now.

I have never had near as much fun on a ship... ever. These kids know how to cruise, know how to draw others into the fun and made the voyage better for pretty much everyone on board.

Some folks thought we were a family reunion and were stunned to learn that many of us, a great many of us, had never met.

I just posted the first portion of my review thread. Please take the 'review' title with a grain of salt as my reviews are mainly a series of stories about the adventure.

there really isn't a system in place. When we cruised Western Carib on the conquest under Capt. Fazzio's helm, we DID change times for the Jamaicana dn Grand Cayman part. So it's hit and miss. I would wish carnival would make this a fleetwide and exact decision one way or the other.

I agree! We always tell everyone in our group one way and then....presto they announce it differently! But if that is the biggest gripe, I guess we can live with it!

Stunning... simply stunning...

I knew it would be a great time, after all, we've been plotting and planning for nearly two years now.

I have never had near as much fun on a ship... ever. These kids know how to cruise, know how to draw others into the fun and made the voyage better for pretty much everyone on board.

Some folks thought we were a family reunion and were stunned to learn that many of us, a great many of us, had never met.

I just posted the first portion of my review thread. Please take the 'review' title with a grain of salt as my reviews are mainly a series of stories about the adventure.

AHH, I have already begun the journey with you.

Do the cabins now have flat-screen TVs after dry-dock?

Can you still purchase coffee card at Specialty Coffee Bar? If so, what is the cost and how many drinks does it cover?

Leaving on Conquest on 11/1/09 and can hardly wait! This will be our third time on-board!

TIA

Do the cabins now have flat-screen TVs after dry-dock?

Can you still purchase coffee card at Specialty Coffee Bar? If so, what is the cost and how many drinks does it cover?

Leaving on Conquest on 11/1/09 and can hardly wait! This will be our third time on-board!

TIA

Nope... no flat screens... They couldn't get them all installed during dry dock so none of them went in.

I don't know what the cost of the coffee card is but I did see the sign at the shop on the Promenade...

• 3 weeks later...
I did a search, but couldn't find the answer... does Conquest have the Quest competition? I read about it in Mark's review of the Pride and it sounds hilarious.

I don't remember seeing the Quest anywhere, but we had Kyle Post as CD and he was covering for Chris Jefferson whilehe was on vacation, so they may have it now?

Archived