Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort

Ken076

I booked this hotel for our group of 8 this past February. I had seen it in person the year prior (2008) when we stayed in Hollywood as one couple booked late. The rest of us were at the Hollywood Marriot. The Marriot is nice but I would go with the Crowne.

The pool area is great, much nicer than the Marriot. If you take a look at the pictures on Expedia you will find that it is very accurate representation.

We got the Crowne on Hotwire for about 30% less than the website rate.

I stayed there a couple years ago pre-cruise. We got a great special that included breakfast. It was a nice place but understand it is across the street from the ocean, not directly oceanfront. There is a Walmart a couple blocks away.

We stayed here in June. The pool area is awsome!! It is across the street from the beach, but we did not find that to be a problem. There is a crosswalk and a brick 'paver' path at the edge of the condo's parking lot across the street that leads you right to the sand. We got our deal through Travelzoo. At that time it was $79 a night for a lower floor or $99 a night for an upper floor. Both included breakfast and two free drinks. I would not pay for their breakfast buffet it was like $14?? and not very elaborate at all, not worth $14. Our only complaint, we were on the 10th floor and we could hear the cables from the elevator rubbing against the ceiling or walls allllllll night long. Go to Tripadvisor and read the reviews.

It's a nice place in a nice area. It's only about 10 minutes from Aventura Mall and all the restaurants in that area as well. If you drive south on A1A through Golden Beach, obey the speed limit, they make a fortune off of writing tickets there.

Archived