4 beds in a Balcony room...have you done this?

NWHairGal

We reserved a Balcony Quad room for our next cruise. We've had a inside quad room before, but not with a balcony. Can anyone explain to me how the layout of the room is with the balcony door? Because with our last rooms, they were inside rooms, so the beds were in the back corners of the room. So with a balcony..... where are the "top bunks" located? Are they just in the middle of the room above the other beds? Up against a wall, not? I'm just not sure of this and was wondering if anyone has had one of these before or possibly has a photo? Thank you!

It depends very much on the ship and category. For instance, on the Noordam we had a quad that had a single sofabed and an upper berth. However, on the Diamond Princess our quad had 2 upper berths, over the 2 lower berths.

We reserved a Balcony Quad room for our next cruise. We've had a inside quad room before, but not with a balcony. Can anyone explain to me how the layout of the room is with the balcony door? Because with our last rooms, they were inside rooms, so the beds were in the back corners of the room. So with a balcony..... where are the "top bunks" located? Are they just in the middle of the room above the other beds? Up against a wall, not? I'm just not sure of this and was wondering if anyone has had one of these before or possibly has a photo? Thank you!

We will be on the Ruby Princess, Aloha deck, and I can't find ANY info about it. So I was hoping someone else has done this in the past and could give me a heads up. I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thanks!

It depends very much on the ship and category. For instance, on the Noordam we had a quad that had a single sofabed and an upper berth. However, on the Diamond Princess our quad had 2 upper berths, over the 2 lower berths.

And with the upper berths over the beds, this was in a balcony room? So, if I'm visualizing correctly, the upper berths (other than the head board) are not up against a wall?

It's a bunk bed setup. 2 twins lower with 2 bunks out of the ceiling over the twin beds. Princess has diagrams of the cabins on their website. It won't show the uppers but you can see the lowers.

Excellent! I've seen the diagrams, but wasn't clear if the top beds were located just above. Thank you, now I know!

Archived