Air travel choices?

pappy3393

My cruise includes "free" air transportation. I can either have the cruise line book the air for me or I can get a credit. I don't see a significant difference between the 2 options cost wise, so what advantages and disadvantages are there for letting the cruise line book my air travel?

If your cruise includes "Free" air transportation no matter what the cost the advantage of letting the cruise line book it is that if you are meeting with a tour group OR flying to embarkation port the same day and encounter any problems along the way, they generally try to wait for you or reroute you to join ship/tour at their expense (and of course at their schedule).. The advantage of booking the air on your own are that you can choose flight times that are convenient for you... and your own seats etc (sometimes can do with cruise line arranged air/otherwise not). If you want to go early and spend a few extra days you might have an easier time with this.. IF you take the "arrange your own" airfare deal please go at least a day early to avoid the stress of getting to port etc. It's well worth the piece of mind.. AND there isn't a port of embarkation that doesn't have enough to do in the general area ... so go a couple of days early if possible:)

Archived