Upgraded to Family Suite on Sapphire! Have questions!

junglejane

We usually book side by side balcony cabins for ourselves and our 2 DD's. This time we booked a minisuite (AD) and a nearby obstructed oceanview (GG). (We could've put all of us in the minisuite, but at the time we booked it only cost an additional $40 to get the GG cabin instead.)

Anyway, I just got a call from our TA saying Princess was offering us an upgrade to the Family Suite ( Category XS -- Dolphin 104/100). I debated for about one second and then said yes. We're excited to try out the suite amenities, especially the full room service menu, free laundry, breakfast at Sabatini's. We booked this cruise to enjoy the ship more than the ports, so we expect to spend a lot of time onboard even when the ship is in port.

I've done a few searches on CC but can't find any pictures or clear explanations of the possible bed configurations. A couple of questions for anyone who has seen or used these cabins:

1. Can the second room be set up as two twins instead of a queen? Our 2 DD's would not enjoy sharing a bed, and I assume there's a sofabed if needed but two twins would be desirable.
  2. Alternatively, is there a pull down bed? Our 8 year old was hoping to sleep in a bunk bed in the mini-suite anyway.
  3. I thought I read there is free internet for suite guests. Can our kids get the benefit of the free internet as well? I promise not to let them burn up hours of time playing mindless games, but the 13 year old would love to email a few friends.
  4. Anything else we should know or look for?

Thanks for any feedback! We'll take pictures of the rooms and post them for future cruisers.:)

Here is a link to a thread on the family suite onboard the Caribbean Princess:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=845143

The pictures on this thread should give you an idea of the location and the appearance of the suite.

I hope someone who has had a family suite on the Sapphire will be able to give you more specific advice.

Enjoy!

Thanks very much for that link! The pix were very helpful. Obviously it's not super luxurious, but we're excited to have the suite perks. We're especially looking forward to breakfast at Sabatini's. We don't like the buffet, so we always have eaten breakfast in the dining room. Also, we had decided to skip the formal nights this time, so it will be great to have access to the full room service menu. Plus, we were planning not to get off the ship much anyway, so we can enjoy the balcony while in port.:)

Thanks. This was going to be our first cruise as Platinum members, but now that's all been superseded by the suite benefits. We're very happy and just trying hard not to catch any germs at school in the next week! I have all of us madly washing hands and using Purell.:D

Anyway, I just got a call from our TA saying Princess was offering us an upgrade to the Family Suite ( Category XS -- Dolphin 104/100). :)

See you in Sabitinis for Breakfast!!!!!, we're on the same sailing and this is a new and great Perk for Suite Passengers!!!!!!

Archived