Strange...to say the least

almostnewtocruise

Not bashing anyone, just someone who has been in the travel business for over 30 years. What I have seen this past year are prices slowly escalating. The true bargains that were available at the beginning of the year are increasing. I advised my clients that if there was a cruise they really wanted to take, they needed to book it then. The advice still holds as I don't think you are going to see the true bargains as were in the past few months. Granted, anything can happen economy wise, flu wise, terrorism wise, etc., but things are going up and people are booking. If prices do come down, then one can take advantage of any price decreases and adjust accordingly. Kind of a win-win situation, you get the cruise and cabin selection you want, and possibly the price you booked at, will be the best price. If not, for the most part, it can be adjusted.

CIVILITY = politeness or courtesy

This board has always had a high level of civility. I like that. People disagree and are still pleasant.

All you need to say is "I disagree" and then state your case.

Let's keep this a place where people are comfortable sharing ideas and opinions.

Where did you get that from??? Nowhere did i say $6000 was "outrageous" for a balcony cabin. I was just replying to the poster that said they thought I had booked a balcony at a cheap price and then wanted a reduction. $6000 is not outrageous, but neither is it a bargain. I am just one of MANY hoping to see a true price reduction in balcony cabins. And I suspect from your post that you work for the cruise line as you seem to work hard bashing anyone who questions the priceing. (And not someone I would trust either.)

You sound like someone who is sorry they did not book earlier. There were real bargains earlier this year including pre-paid gratuities and OBC. You should still be able to get these through a TA considering the cost of this cruise. I would also be cautious of a TA who offers a "coupon". Why not just give a price and OBC, etc?

I also don't understand why someone would not just book if they really wanted the cruise. You already stated the price was not outrageous. If you are in the US they usually let you adjust the price up until final payment. My last 4 cruises were sold out so that wasn't going to happen in my case. I don't expect any cruises to decrease in prices these days that have "exotic" itineraries (maybe ones out of Florida where there is a lot of competition).

Where did you get that from??? Nowhere did i say $6000 was "outrageous" for a balcony cabin. I was just replying to the poster that said they thought I had booked a balcony at a cheap price and then wanted a reduction. $6000 is not outrageous, but neither is it a bargain. I am just one of MANY hoping to see a true price reduction in balcony cabins. And I suspect from your post that you work for the cruise line as you seem to work hard bashing anyone who questions the priceing. (And not someone I would trust either.)

I thought you were saying this cruise was $6,000 per person for a Verandah. It is only $2,899.00 per person (Verandah for OV price). That looks like a bargain to me on this size ship. Check out HAL's prices on the Prisendaam which is the same size ship.

7115 *2,899.00

per person

*5,798.00 view_sm_btn.gif select_sm_btn.gif 7112 *2,899.00

per person

*5,798.00 view_sm_btn.gif select_sm_btn.gif 7117 *2,899.00

per person

So I was very happy when I received in my box an email (I am not sure I can mention here the name of that "outlet", so I won't) about (3) "bonus days" - promising us a "balcony for the price of ocean-view" AND pre-paid gratuities for a new booking (offer ends on Oct. 2nd!) .

I see what you are saying and I agree. When I read "balcony for the price of ocean-view" I think the prices of the balconys have been lowered and you can purchase a balcony for the same price you could buy an oceanview. When I find out the oceanview price has been increased to the price of the balcony, that to me is deceiving. While they may not trick the person who has cruised and has a better idea of prices they might hoodwink a newbie. You can call it marketing or whatever you want but it seems less than above board to me. If oceanviews are selling like hotcakes and they want to raise the price be my guest. That is business. This was an ad that was meant to mislead people into thinking they were receivng a good deal.

Sorry to contradict you Jade13, but at least "my" cruise (May 23, 2010) has never been offered at a lesser price - at least not since I started to "look" at it (which was during my previous cruise on Azmara - June 2009!).

Saying that, I agree about the current price.. $6000 isn't a bargain, but it's far from being "outrageous" - especially if you consider what you get for it (should I repeat yet again how much I loved that cruise on Journey?)..

But that wasn't the issue . What was the issue is the fact that someone there thought that they can manipulate numbers in order to create false impressions. Smells of "cheap trickery".. and totally unbecoming of Azamara..

Apropos prices.. I am getting mails about the Big (and short!) October Sale (someone already mentioned it here) offering nice OBC - between $500 and $750.

But Azamara's representatives in Israel (where I live) have not heard about it (and that's not the first time that I discover that they are poorly informed about the products they are supposed to sell).

Maybe, instead of inventing imaginary sales, the marketing dept. can educate its representative around the world to be more effective? It would be nice to book my cruise at last (and shut upicon12.gif)!

First, I'm looking at the 14 day cruise on Quest departing May 15, 2010. I originally was asking whether it was wise to wait for this Oct. 14 sale, or perhaps book the cruise sooner based on a quote that offers OBC $750 and per person rate of $2999 for veranda. Just asking if from anyone's experience this special Oct. sale would offer better pricing and/or better offers? However, with time running out, I'll probably just have to make a decision and take my chances.

Archived