Has Anyone Tried Dysport? (Botox Alternative)

TerriSea

My doctor is offering a choice between Botox and Dysport. Dysport is reported to last a little longer, and as an introduction, my Dr. is slightly discounting Dysport. Has anyone tried it, and if so, what did you think of it? My brow remains furrowed in anticipation of your responses....lol:p

My dr. offers both at the same price for now. He said there isn't really any difference between the two. After reading all the fine print, it seemed the new Dysport has more possible side effects...so I stuck with the Botox...which works really well for me.

If one were a lot cheaper than the other, I would go with the cheaper one.

Just a quick update to the original post -- I just had my 3rd injection of Botox today, and I can already see the difference!! It has only been 3 hours, but there is a noticeable difference.

I chose Botox over Dysport simply because I do not know anyone yet who has tried it. I suspect they both will be around for a while, so if I want to jump on the Dysport ship sometime, I will have plenty of opportunity. The discount currently offered for Dysport is pay for one "site" and get a second "site" 50% off. No discount for Botox at this time. My last Botox lasted more than 4 months, so I am pretty happy with it. :)

My doc charges $325 per area for Botox. If you get your forehead and frown lines done, that is actually 2 areas. It lasts about 4 months. So it's about $1000 a year per area. Some places have introductory specials for the first treatment.

I have to correct my earlier post about seeing results so soon after the injection - I guess what was happening was I noticed some minor inflamation from the shot inself and I thought it was Botox kickin in. Today I am just like before my shot. So I guess it will take the typical 4-5 days to see full results. :D

I have to correct my earlier post about seeing results so soon after the injection - I guess what was happening was I noticed some minor inflamation from the shot inself and I thought it was Botox kickin in. Today I am just like before my shot. So I guess it will take the typical 4-5 days to see full results. :D

Glad you updated. I thought it was awfully weird that you saw results in hours.

Thanks.

what is the average cost of Botox? I have thought about getting it on a crease between my eyebrows that is getting deeper every yr. The crease is about an inch long.

Dr's generally charge by the vial, and it would depend on how many vials you need.

We're all price conscience, but just as a general warning to all....

Go to the best doctor, not the cheapest.

Unfortunately, anyone with an MD can inject you, including your dentist!

For a recommendation, you can go to the Botox site, type in your area code and they will give you a list of Dr's. I believe they're ranked in the order of how much they buy. So the more a doctor buys, the more he/she uses and likely the better he/she is at injecting it.

Someone who does not have enough experience can leave you with some unnatractive looks, such as too much eyebrow lift (so you look like a deer caught in the lights) or unevenness. Also, for those that have deep creases on their forehead, careful not to do too much. While it will make your foreheard as smooth as a baby's bottom, the muscles then naturally go downward and you get the "Neanderthal Man" eyebrow/forehead look. Look at some pix of Nicole Kidman from 10 years ago and now....she's got that look. Some women (and i guess nicole is one of them) would rather have this than a crease. Most Dr's will compromise and get rid of *some* of the crease, but just enough not to make your brow heavy.

I've read about Dysport and haven't read enough yet to make any comments on it pro or con.

• 4 weeks later...

Yup - I second that response that I look and feel better minus the deep vertical creases between my eyebrows.:p

Over the years, squinting in sunlight made lines that just would not go away. After the injection, folks told me I looked happy. People assume the lines indicate "scowly-ness" and other negative emotions, that is not how I want to be perceived!!:p

Also, my forehead feels more "relaxed". I have heard that Botox is effective pain relief for migraine suffers.

Archived