Renaissance to Port Everglades

beastiemom

There will be nine of us staying at the Renaissance the night before our Oasis cruise in March. What is the best way to get to the port-Shuttle service or taxi? Can anyone give us an idea of cost (total or PP). Thank you so much to everyone who has provided so many good recommendations.

Also, anyone stay at the Renaissance lately and know if they have a complimentary breakfast?

I'll assume you mean the Renaissance on SE17th Street... If so the north entrance to Port Everglades is just across the street. Taxi fare should be $10 or so, it's a couple of miles to the Oasis terminal. I wouldn't mess with hiring a shuttle for that short of a distance, just grab some taxis.

We stayed at the Renaissance in May and the cost of the taxi (excluding the tip) was $10.00 total and took maybe 5-10 minutes.

Our rate did not include breakfast as I purchased (bid) the room through Priceline.

Did you check the website? Usually it will mention if breakfast is included in your room rate.

Sheal

unless you book a rate on marriott.com that says it includes breakfast, you will NOT get a free breakfast there...and it is overpriced and pretty bad anyway.

there is a starbucks, einstein bagels and a deli/diner within easy walking distance.....

We actually used points, so we don't have a rate that I can check. I guess I'll contact the hotel directly and see if they include it. If not, no big deal, we'll grab breakfast close by.

no they will not include breakfast.....if you have status they MIGHT give you something, but there is no free breakfast at any full service marriott or renaissance (or courtyard) as a rule....

i was a Platinum Premier and they would not give me breakfast on weekends when i was there and the Concierge lounge was closed.....but they have a new GM so who knows...(but they are a franchise, and the franchisee is notoriously cheap so i wouldn't hold your breath!)

Yeah mgr1125-we do have status (Gold)-but we'll be there on the weekend, so if you couldn't get breakfast with Platinum, I won't hold my breath. We'll just grab breakfast at a nearby diner or Einstein's. Hey-I see you are from NJ-that's where my DH grew up and all his family still lives there! Thanks for the advice.

Archived