What's free on the ship??? (Paradise)

smashedpumpkins

My fiance and I are going on our first cruise January 18th! (Paradise)

So after reading around here I'm really curious as to what's free and what is charged to your card. I'm a soda addict so I think I'm going to grab a soda card. (I read they're like $40 though) How about food? Is it expensive? Do you pay for all your meals or are some of them included. I've read mixed reviews on this and I really don't know what to expect. What about room service? Is this an option or is it way expensive? (Just curious haha)

So overall what's free and what costs?

Thanks

I dont think there are any pay supper clubs on Paradise. I thought Id give this a try, even though I havent been on Paradise, since no one else is answering.

The food in the buffet, the grill, pizza (includes ceasar salad) and the venues around the pool, all are free. You can eat free in the dining room, but its not open for lunch on port days, but open for breakfast and dinner for alll meals.

If you dont drink that much soda, carry it on. Its hard to drink $40 of soda. We had a lady ordering fruit juice and Pibb and sharing them with her whole family at dinner and no one said a word... but you really arent supposed to share.

I just came home and think I ate my weight in ice cream. Thats free, soft serve, either the ice cream or the yogurt...or whatever it was, two kinds.

Unless you have a coffee shop onboard, there isnt much to pay for. You can get capachino or espresso free in the dining room, just ask. ..its only not free if you buy it at the coffee shop.

Wow this all sounds great. Sounds like mostly everything is free. We won't be purchasing any alcohol or coffee so I don't think we have much to worry about. I'm going to call the cruise line tomorrow and get as much information from them as I can too. Sounds great everyone thanks!

Oh and about Room Service... What kind of room service can you get? ha

Here is the room service breakfast menu

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Room_Service_Breakfast

For breakfast, you don't have to call in the morning. They leave a form in your room at night and you just have to put it on your doorknob when you go to bed with the time you want it served

Here is for the rest of the day

http://www.unofficialcarnivalwiki.com/wiki/Room_Service_Menu#

Wow this all sounds great. Sounds like mostly everything is free. We won't be purchasing any alcohol or coffee so I don't think we have much to worry about. I'm going to call the cruise line tomorrow and get as much information from them as I can too. Sounds great everyone thanks!

Oh and about Room Service... What kind of room service can you get? ha

Hi,

Room Service usually offers a light breakfast, snacks, sandwiches, coffee, hot tea not sure what else is included.

Although its free, you usually give a dollar or two to the person who brings it to you. That tip doesn't go on your sign & sail card. You'll also need some small bills to tip the porter who takes your luggage from you. Again, usually a dollar or two per bag. Hope this helps.

Have a Wonderful cruise.

Happy sailings to all.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Archived