Legend--chairs on the balcony

Gulf Breezer

We are leaving Sunday on the Legend. This is our first balcony!! I noticed in the pictures that there are only 2 chairs on the balcony, but there are 3 of us in the cabin. Can we get additional chairs? I didn't know whether to pack my "chair in a bag" or not. Thanks!

Enjoy your balcony! We had an aft extended balcony on the Legend a couple of years ago. It was amazing. We had two chairs and a small table on our balcony, with one of the chairs being sort of a recliner. I'm not sure if another chair out there would fit. Perhaps if the table was removed another would fit. Just ask your steward and I'm sure s/he will help you.

We are leaving Sunday on the Legend. This is our first balcony!! I noticed in the pictures that there are only 2 chairs on the balcony, but there are 3 of us in the cabin. Can we get additional chairs? I didn't know whether to pack my "chair in a bag" or not. Thanks!

No, they won't bring another chair. It is a fire hazard thingie. The balconies cannot be cluttered because in case of emergency or fire, they must have clear access to the balconies and the cabins. If you bring your own chair, you'll need to remove it from the balcony when it's not being used...and your steward will remove it if you don't. Same thing applies with clothing and such left out there.

If you have a regular balcony there is no room for a third chair.

Thank you all for your replies. Actually, my cousin and her husband have the cabin next door, and our "plan" is to have them remove the partition. I guess we'll just have to see the actual size when we get there.

Make sure you go to the pursers desk when you board and put yourselves on the list to have the partition opened. You'll need one person from each cabin to submit the request. Just an FYI in case you didn't know.

I've been on several Carnival cruises in a room with my two sisters. The steward has always brought us a third balcony chair. This has been on a regular-sized balcony, and yes, it was a tight squeeze, but it does fit. I'm sure it depends on the ship and the steward, it's probably just luck that they have always accommodated us. I had no idea about the violation of fire codes, but that does make sense.

Archived