Complimentary drinks on Pride

gemhk

We are first time cruisers on Seabourn Pride this December but over 250 days on Silverseas cruises.

On filling out the Guest Registration form online, Seabourn asks for in cabin preference of liquor -2 choices and any more than those choices will be charged. We find this quite odd as Silverseas all liquor is complimentary inclusive of champagne. Champagne was not offered as a choice ( only house red or white wine).

Silverseas doesn't bother to ask on Guest Registration form as all liquor is inclusive so you just ask your stewardess for your preferred beverage placed in your cabin. If you decide to change your preference or ask for more than two choices, no questions asked and definitely "not charged"....

Does Seabourn have a liquor policy that differs from Silverseas? Is champagne offered in the lounges complimentary? I heard only 1 brand ( Piper Heidsick) is offered but not sure now.

Gemhk

The policy is almost exactly the same as SS. Order the booze you want for your room--we order Crown Royal and Johnney Walker Black--it will be in you suite when you arrive--along with an iced bottle of Champagne. Around the ship it's like SS--drinks available everywhere--lots of Champagne! Don

You will be charged if you ask for a 3rd, 4th, etc. bottle. However, you can get additional bottles as you finish off your 1st/2nd bottles at no charge. The stewardess just has to take the empties to reconcile inventory (and probably to make sure an excessive number of unopened bottles aren't packed for the trip home). Unless it's recently changed, the house champagne is Nicholas Feuillatte brut.

We're just back from the Legend and the house champagne is still Nicholas Feuillate Reserve. It's excellent! We found that we hardly drank any of our gin that was in our suite as we were offered so many drinks whilst out on board watching the scenery or sunbathing etc. It was nice to go in the Club each evening before dinner to have a glass of something - anything!! Just ask and it will be given.

I find the best policy is not to request anything on the guest forms as the selection is limited. Just ask your stewardess when you embark for anything you want and an hour later it will be in your suite.

On our last couple of cruises - even if we didn't fill anything out on the form - because we don't drink in our suite and neither do we take the bottles home, we still found two bottles like we ordered the final time we ever did order! And they were still there when we left the suite....

The suite is like our "dry dock"(but we do drink water and tea there)!

Marja

Since they provide large bottles to begin with, it was impossible for me to even consider finishing the two I requested in the short seven days I had.

After all, you almost have to have a broken leg to need to drink in your suite when there are so many more socially ambient places to do so.

I just hope the remainders don't go to waste and are properly sent to stock the tended bars, otherwise I shall have to book for two-weeks.

We're just back from the Legend and the house champagne is still Nicholas Feuillate Reserve. It's excellent! We found that we hardly drank any of our gin that was in our suite as we were offered so many drinks whilst out on board watching the scenery or sunbathing etc. It was nice to go in the Club each evening before dinner to have a glass of something - anything!! Just ask and it will be given.

We were the same. In 14 days on Pride, we hardly touched the booze in our suite.

Thanks all for the replies. Yes, Seabourn does sound similar to Silverseas but Silverseas does offer a "few choices" of complimentary champagne ( not just one) which is nice as we have traveled with passengers who are particular about their champagne. They even offered us other brands not being served normally in the bars and made sure that brand was stocked where we dined or gathered for drinks for our pleasure. That was an added bonus.

I am fine with Nicolas Feuillatte so that should be very nice indeed.

Yes I agree not filling out the form at all is best as most don't drink in the cabins and better to ask our stewardess if needed.

Hope to have a wonderful experience on this new line for us.

Gemhk

Just had to share what has worked for us. On our first cruise, we ordered our favorite choices, gin and vodka. Didn't even open the bottles. On the second cruise, we got smarter. We ordered whiskey and the Bailey's Irish Creme. Sometimes, when we needed a quiet evening, we enjoyed room service coffee with our Bailey's or we loved sitting with a glass of whiskey before bed. These made for some very nice evenings.

Ginger

Just had to share what has worked for us.

From what I've been able to tell, if you offer your stewardess the bottles that have been opened, they can take them as a gift (and, perhaps, they share with their friends "below"). If the bottles are still sealed, they cannot accept them, and will return them to the ship's inventory.

Hope this helps....

Paul ;)

From what I've been able to tell, if you offer your stewardess the bottles that have been opened, they can take them as a gift (and, perhaps, they share with their friends "below"). If the bottles are still sealed, they cannot accept them, and will return them to the ship's inventory.

Hope this helps....

Paul ;)

I also heard that if you rip the label on an unopened bottle, they can accept as a gift as well...

Not sure about the second bottle of champagne question..

Host Dan

In the past we have only offered champagne, wine and beer to the Crew ~~it's always been the policy that no hard liquor be donated to the Crew Bar. Have these rules changed?

Martita B.

Just noticed my 4,000 posts! Yikes!

That is what we have always been told as well Martita. They have kindly thanked us..but refused..as it was against the rules. That is why I too was in question about the previous threads. Lola

Speaking to one of the barman on the Odyssey and he said that any opened bottles of spirits from suites gets thrown out, they don't end up in the crew bar. Unopened bottles go back into normal circulation, this is due to health and safety issues. By the sounds of it they don't seem too bothered as I think they do pretty well in the crew bar anyway...

The times I've been invited to Crew Bar parties they all were very happy with wine & beer ~~especially if the Ex. Chef was preparing the food for them.

Personally I think allowing the Crew just wine and beer is the only smart way to go ~~:D

MB

Our very first SB stewardess advised us that she could accept an opened bottle of Absolut if I wrote a note stating that it was a gift for her. I have done that each time and the stewardesses have either kept it or just smiled and thrown it out. Either way she didn't tell me that she couldn't accept it. Otherwise, you can give it to new friends who are staying on board for another week.

As for champagne ... I wonder if you ask for champagne as one of your included two minibar bottles if they will replace it each time you finish the previous bottle:confused: I know they will do that if you ask for white wine.

And wasn't there a post on the Silversea board a while back that someone's minibar was provisioned with an opened bottle?

With all that apparent wastage I suggest to Seabourn that they reduce the size of the in-suite bottles with the simple provision that they be replenished when empty.

Personally I was torn apart seeing the best part of two litres or 40 ouncers left behind but didn't want to get any more sloshed than you are encouraged to be.

I do wish they hadn't emptied our fruit bowl the night before we left though. That was to be our walking lunch.

One of the reasons we tended not to drink in our suite was because the triplets don't have proper balconies. So, it was nicer to wander up to the Sky Bar rather than drink in our suite. However, with Odyssey, I could imagine sitting out on the veranda and drinking a nice pre-dinner scotch.

Archived