Babysitting Question

I am finally planning a 5 day cruise (probably on Destiny) for July 2010 and have a question about the CC hours for my son who will be 8. I want to make sure that I'm reading this correctly - babysitting goes until 3:00 am and the location is actually in Camp Carnival (no in-room sitting). Aren't most kids asleep at that hour? Even if my son is excited by all of the fun, I can't see him up past say 10:00 pm and that would be a stretch.

If he falls asleep, would they ask that I pick him up?

Thanks in Advance! :)

I am not really sure how it works, but my understanding is that after 10:00PM it then becomes babysitting and not really Camp Carnival anymore. If I were you I would call Carnival and ask to speak to someone in the Camp Carnival department and they will be able to answer your questions.

As the other state, after 10pm, it does become "babysitting". The kids lay around and watch movies etc on mats on the floor. Our kids loved it. We tried it one night, and they insisted on going back a couple more times.

If the question is can he fall asleep there? Absolutely. I think that is what they expect. They will glad let him sleep while you are paying them :)

As far as "picking him up". They will let you wake him or carry him back to the room whenever you are ready.

They have blankets and pillows and some of the kids come in their jammies. The lights are dimmed and the activities are quiet. We left our kids there one night until 1:00. One was asleep and the other was watching a movie. Both thought it was so very neat to stay up so late. They both still like to talk about the night they stayed up until the next day!

Archived