Sea pass security

I have a hole punched in mine at the pursers desk and put it on a lanyard. If we are somewhere I would be nervous about I stick the whole thing inside my shirt. Never have lost one. You must also bring a photo id like your license ashore also.

Don't put too much worry into this. If it's lost or stollen you will still get back on-board. The sea pass scanners are very dilligent about comparing your picture to your mug er face. I always am asked to take off my hat and sun glasses if I forget to do so in advance of boarding. Any attempt by someone else to use your card will be quickly tharted.

Without a seapass the port authorities will escourt you to the ship. You give them your name and room #. They check you photo in the system to let you on-board and issue you a new card at guest relations desk.

This has not happened to me but I talked to someone a while back whose family member lost their seapass.

Now if your wallet/purse with picture ID is also missing another can of worms is opened. uhg!

I always carry my Sea Pass Card, to get on and off the ship. when I am on land I keep it in one of those water tight plastic things I wear around my neck under my shirt. Also carry drivers license, credit card, and a little cash in the same case. I like the case because when I go to the beach I just leave it on when I'm in the water. Don't carry my wallet or anything in my pockets.

Considering your seapass is your onboard spending account AND your room key, you'll be carrying that card around 24/7 anyway. And like people above said, you can't get off the ship without it. I guess it's a way of knowing who got off the ship and making sure they get back on, because your card goes into a machine each time.

When in ports we just put our seapass w/our other cards in my husbands wallet. We have to bring money and credit cards, so we just make sure we are as careful as possible, but like others have said, you will still be able to get back on the ship in the event you lost the seapass.

we have our id and sea pass cards in the camera bag that we carry around. We are just aware of the bag at all times to avoid any potential pick pockets...just easier than using a wallet and since we take the camera bag everywhere anyways its just one less thing to carry around

I keep all my cards and some cash in a waterproof case on a lanyard around my neck. You can get them online or at any dive shop for $5-$10 depending on the size. That way you can also wear them swimming and not have to worry about leaving your valuables on the beach or by the pool. When I'm traveling somewhere I just wear the waterproof case under my shirt but keep my other stuff like sunscreen, camera and makeup in my purse. That way if my purse does happen to get stolen I won't lose all my cards, cash and ID with it.

Archived