Voyager Promenade cabin ?s

mrstay

We jsut booked our first Promenade cabin. Here are some ?s:

1. Just want to verify they all have frigs?

2. Somewhere I read on a post that there was a window you could crack - is this true? I figure for the parade I could crack it to hear the music - but close it when I don't.

3. Where is the bridge over the promenade located? Near the aft centrum or the front centrum? I want to make sure that our view would not be obstructed.

Thanks.

Yes all cabins have the cooler...not cold enough to be considered a fridge.

No there is not a window that can be cracked. You will be able to hear the parade but it is better to be down where the action is if possible.

Can't help with the bridge. I want to say it is closer to the middle of the ship.

You can hear the Parade but the sound is rather muted due too the thickness of the windows. the Bridge is located towards the center of the Promenade and there are flags hung at intervals along the walls which can also hinder the view. It is possible to be too far aft to even see the Parade. Make sure the room is forward of the Centrum and elevator area.:D

I posted this on another thread but here are a couple of pictures. We had booked the same cabin on the Explorer, the Mariner and the Voyager because we enjoy people watching so much. It is the room on the lowest deck that has Promenade views from the bay window and is directly opposite the Cafe Promenade. No noise except from the parade and from this low point of view you don't look only onto the top of peoples heads. I am attaching a couple of pictures. You can see the bridge in one shot.

...Ott

11210006.JPG

11210016.JPG

I posted this on another thread but here are a couple of pictures. We had booked the same cabin on the Explorer, the Mariner and the Voyager because we enjoy people watching so much. It is the room on the lowest deck that has Promenade views from the bay window and is directly opposite the Cafe Promenade. No noise except from the parade and from this low point of view you don't look only onto the top of peoples heads. I am attaching a couple of pictures. You can see the bridge in one shot.

...Ott

Thank you so much for pictures. They are helpful. Can you tell me what cabin numbers they were taken from? It looks as though it was from two different cabins.

Deck 6 #6557, all from the same room. If you get close to the main window and look through the louvers you can see all the way up the promanade, only some banners get in the way sometimes. It was a Thanksgiving cruise and the already put up a Christmas tree, my wife wanted me to take this picture.

....Ott

11210001.jpg

I have now switched to 6279 on Voyager - which I know is above the Perfume show and looks out to the Pig & Whistle. One person mentioned that if I wanted to stay in my cabin and see the parade that I could turn on my TV to hear the music. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Have you done this? I assume that maybe they show it live on the TV for those that want to stay in their cabin on any deck. Is this true?

Thanks.

For those of you familiar with the Voyage Class and the Mariner, we booked for next year on the Mariner, Port Hump Cabin #8620. What Deck, accesses the Royal Promenade. Noramlly if on the Radiance Class, we book a D-1, but since we aren't in our room that much anyway decided to go with the larger balcony.. Was this a good choice.

For those of you familiar with the Voyage Class and the Mariner, we booked for next year on the Mariner, Port Hump Cabin #8620. What Deck, accesses the Royal Promenade. Noramlly if on the Radiance Class, we book a D-1, but since we aren't in our room that much anyway decided to go with the larger balcony.. Was this a good choice.

I think this is a great location. It's 3 decks above the Royal Promenade (Deck 5) and 2 below the Windjammer/Pool Deck (Deck 10). The central location will make it easy to get to the MDR, Theatre and Specialty Restaurants.

And you'll have an absolutely lovely view.

Karina thank you, I looked over the Deck plans carefully and since there were limited D-1's, felt going down one Deck would be better and we have never had a hump Cabin. If we were on teh Radiance Class we would book a D-1 as we did for our Oct 2008 Hawaii Cruise. We prefer to have a Deck above & below us.

Gay

Windjammer is on deck 11 ;)

Whoops. Yup. I tend to just go there now. Back the first time on a Voyager-class I actively remembered all the deck numbers. I only really remember the Promenade deck because that first trip was in a Promenade on Deck 6 and we were on the deck above it.

Archived