Carnival Sales--Any upcoming?

CRUZN-IS-FUN

CRUZIN-IS-FUN:

You should be able to get a V.I.P. (vacation interchange rate) Because you are past guest on Princess you can get past guest rate on Carnival. Does not ably to all sailings. There are some hot deals now. I have sort of found the "Big sales" really are not so big.

However:

I just booked 4 day cruise next week outside cabin for $ 250.00. I missed a 4 day cruise outside cabin for 189 (Elation), so had to book another ship (Paradise).

also there are state resident rates.

Tom in Long Beach

Since implementing the Early Saver program, not too often in my opinion. Sometimes they have pack-&-go rates. I have found that they dont even offer past guest rates like they used to and if they do, they are usually no cheaper if not more than the es rate. You can look on the carnival site under specials and see what there is but good luck!

I am getting ready to book my first Carnival cruise. We are booking 4 balcony cabins. I have previously cruised Princess and Holland and know they do periodical sales. Does Carnival have "fare" sales and does anyone know when they usually occur?

The pack and go specials are the cheapest usually when they are listed on their website. Early saver is the cheapest if you are looking 6 months or more out from now. Also short notice ( 2-3 weeks out) often attracts real steals. These are the fares I grab whenever possible with varying promotions for residents, past guests or military rates. What ship are you considering and what is the timeframe?

Since implementing the Early Saver program, not too often in my opinion. Sometimes they have pack-&-go rates. I have found that they dont even offer past guest rates like they used to and if they do, they are usually no cheaper if not more than the es rate. You can look on the carnival site under specials and see what there is but good luck!

I couldn't agree more. The last cruise I booked, the ES rate was over $40 per person cheaper than the past guest rate.

there is a sale coming for only Oct. 14

Carnival is having a World's Largest Cruise Night. Oct. 14 only. 3-4 night cruise get $70 US dollars on board credit per stateroom, 5-6 night $100, 7-8 night $200. Promotion is applicable to select ships and departures between 1/1/10 through 12/31/10

We are a little behind. Looking at Mexico in February. ES rate is unavailable. Just didn't want to book to have sale next week. Usually happens when I hit the mall!!

If you booked ES rates, then if there was a sale you could get that rate. Any fare, up until final payment, you can get the drop in price if there is one.

Iv rarely seen a sale that was better for what I book then ES fares. (like never)

Thanks for the help all. One more quick question, since there is fare sale coming on Oct. 14, what are chances of price increase just prior to sale to somehow offset the sale? Since only another week away, should I just hold off and jump on sale quickly on the 14th? I am not sure how sale works.

Thanks for the help all. One more quick question, since there is fare sale coming on Oct. 14, what are chances of price increase just prior to sale to somehow offset the sale? Since only another week away, should I just hold off and jump on sale quickly on the 14th? I am not sure how sale works.

Let me check my crystal ball!!! No seriously it is a supply and demand scenario and no one can give you an accurate answer to that question. If it were me I would wait but who knows if the cruise you are looking at will be included in the sale. The best way to get the best price is to be flexible on the date and ship if possible combined with a sale or promotion.

Archived