Cigar Smoking on Verandahs

Harry1954

and now I don't but I don't begrudge those who do. I don't understand someone who takes a cruise and smokes on the balcony all day and night. We are not taking X any longer due to non smoking policy for balconies. My partner smokes her cigarettes only where allowed to. Since there are a lot of lines prohibiting balcony smoking those with problems could choose them or just adjust to HAL and Princess policies. We choose them because of their policies and don't book Asamara, X or Oceania. There are some people who just want to dictate rules so others will be inconvenienced. There are cruise lines that fit every need and most are priced quite similarly and offer itineraries quite the same.

on your quit.:)

and now I don't but I don't begrudge those who do. I don't understand someone who takes a cruise and smokes on the balcony all day and night. We are not taking X any longer due to non smoking policy for balconies. My partner smokes her cigarettes only where allowed to. Since there are a lot of lines prohibiting balcony smoking those with problems could choose them or just adjust to HAL and Princess policies. We choose them because of their policies and don't book Asamara, X or Oceania. There are some people who just want to dictate rules so others will be inconvenienced. There are cruise lines that fit every need and most are priced quite similarly and offer itineraries quite the same.

My sentiments exactly. Thank you.

This will be my second cruise in 15 years. My first balcony. My vacation enjoyment includes: Coors Light, Snickers bar, and a Macanudo at sunset. Feel free to join in but I ain't giving it up!

Just my .02... :D:D:D

So far we have been blessed on our last three cruises no chain smokers on our cruises(on the balcony). If we were to be unlucky and have that happen to us it might make us change cruise lines. That is something that i would not like to do.Hopefully we all have enough sense not to enfringe on any ones rights.

[quote name='Zappa Fan']"I would suggest that anyone who has a preference to a smoking/non-smoking environment on a ship, to do a final check with the cruiseline selected, prior to actually booking."

Much too logical for militant anti-smokers. Those folks would rather complain loudly. (Much like the formal-wear police who are refusing to accept the fact that HAL has become much more casual than in past years....I've seen this in just a few years.)[/quote]

It seems that most people are so careful about booking a cruise with the correct type cabin, itinerary, cuisine, etc. (just read the gazillions of pre-booking questions here on the CC boards), that they would be concerned about booking on a cruiseline that suits their smoking preference also. But, some just want to complain about something, no matter what. Such people will find something to complain about - - it's their life's motto - - very sad. I stay out of Biker Bars, Strip Joints, stores with bars on the windows and doors, bad parts of town, etc just because that doesn't suit me. Fact is though, that these places suit many. I'm certainly not going to write an editorial in the local newspaper to complain about their lifestyle because it doesn't suit me. "To each his own". Is this still the U.S.A.?

Off topic, but:
And, you're so right about the casual atmosphere that I've observed on HAL. I don't know how it was before (only began cruising HAL September 2008), but this last year, most seem to really dress only for photos. I've observed that most dress 'nice' for formal nights that does show they went out of their way to 'fit in', in their own way. For goodness sakes - - sailing is a vacation, not a fashion show!

Okay. I'm stepping down from my soap box and looking forward to cruising next week with the wonderful people who chose to cruise HAL for their reasons.

Archived