Help with romance in Barbados!!

jtsbusiness

My husband and I will be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary in Barbados off the Sea Princess in April. Can anybody suggest a 'day to remember'. We are semi active retirees and would really love to do something that we will remember for the rest of our lives. Hopefully for the good things, and not the bad ones!!!!!!!!!!!:D;)

Jan

Congratulations! The 40th is very special.

An anniversary that neither one of you will ever forget would be a renewal of your vows on one of the island’s beautiful beaches.

This doesn’t have to be a complex, expensive affair to qualify as memorable. A simple half hour ceremony followed by a celebration would work quite well.

Google: ‘weddings, Barbados’ and you’ll find many who will be glad to help you achieve your dream.

Have a wonderful time!

You'd be better off getting yourselves over to Bathsheba

for lunch with a view!

Bathsheba-45.jpg

Tidepools at Bathsheba..

RHouse-11.jpg

..as seen from the balcony at Round House

RoundHouse-87.jpg

Yes, the original structure is indeed round!

and you can have lunch on the terrace, under one of those umbrellas!

I hear their food is good

..although I've never eaten there myself, to be honest

• 3 weeks later...

The Round House has a very limited menu. The food is pretty good.. flying fish sandwiches, salads, etc. The view of Bathsheba is nice, but the restaurant is not exactly romantic.

Much better food than the Round House can be had at Champers (view)

This is a romantic setting for lunch. You could spend time at the beach in the picture (Alpmac could tell you the name, I'm sure)

2244864830100375545S600x600Q85.jpg

Probably the most romantic thing you could do in Barbados would be to spend time in the flower cave, but it's far from the port. What you do is you pay to tour the cave, but wear your bathing suits with water type shoes. Find your way into the water and you're pretty much alone with a view out of the cave facing north. Other people may come into the cave area and pass through but it's unlikely that anyone else will be in the fresh water pool inside the cave. This would be your view..

2716604120100375545S600x600Q85.jpg

Wow, this looks great.

As I said earlier, I wonder if we could do the Silvermoon cruise (which would include lunch) and then go on to Bathsheba beach afterwards. Does anybody know whether this would be feasible?

Where is the flower cave?

Really appreciate everyones suggestions.

The ocean flower cave is on the northern tip of the island...

Last go in Barbados, we went out on 'Cool Runnings' a competitor of Silvermoon; it was a fantastic time. Cool Runnings does not book cruisers any longer however due to the large number of 'no shows' they experienced. If you are staying over a day or two through, as a lot of UK cruiser do in Barbados, you could advise them that you're a hotel guest and book with them.

http://www.coolrunningsbarbados.com

We did our post snorkle ship board lunch just off the beach at Sandy Lane Resort. This is a very nice section of the coast. Alternatively, if you wanted to do a Big Lunch out you could go to Sandy Lane Resort for a meal or golf. I understand they accept advance booked non-hotel guests. Sandy Lane is where Tiger Woods did his wedding and its one of the most historic of the Caribbean's old line resorts.

Congrats on the lengthy marriage.

Although I don't know if they allow visitors, but a definite "memorable" place to visit in Barbados would the The Sandy Lane Resort. I've already inquired about whether I could have lunch there while in port, but they haven't answered back, if they say yes, I'll let you know. Sandy Lane is supposed to be an ultra luxurious resort in Barbados, I know from their prices they should be. I'm sure an elegant lunch there would definitely be a memorable affair. I don't know how far it is from the cruise pier though, or how much it would cost to get there.

Archived