Ruby Webcam

need2travel

The Ruby left Venice several hours ago and I was hoping to watch from the webcam. The shot only shows the ship facing the dock and hasn't moved an inch. Is this a webcam malfunction or user malfunction (meaning me :o )? Is there a different site I could check out to see the Ruby's progress?

Thanks for your help. I'm hooked on watching their progress as we're booked for this sailing next year and I need a vicarious thrill.

The Ruby left Venice several hours ago and I was hoping to watch from the webcam. The shot only shows the ship facing the dock and hasn't moved an inch. Is this a webcam malfunction or user malfunction (meaning me :o )? Is there a different site I could check out to see the Ruby's progress?

Thanks for your help. I'm hooked on watching their progress as we're booked for this sailing next year and I need a vicarious thrill.

Looks like they are still there, sometimes the cam is behind.....

ru_bridge.jpg

Aha! Yes, of course, they leave tomorrow. I guess I just got too excited. :D Thank you for setting me straight.

I do have another question, please. The Google portion of a well-known cruise ship tracking website shows the Ruby facing out towards the harbor and the Princess webcam shows her facing the immigration building. Can anyone explain that to me?

Thank you.

We got to sail into Venice on the Ruby this past summer. What a spectacular entrance into a port!!!!

BigGuy, what side of the ship was your cabin, port or starboard? And, when in port could you see the city or the harbor? Currently, we're on the starboard side of the ship and would consider changing so that the time we're on the balcony we can see the city at night.

Aha! Yes, of course, they leave tomorrow. I guess I just got too excited. :D Thank you for setting me straight.

I do have another question, please. The Google portion of a well-known cruise ship tracking website shows the Ruby facing out towards the harbor and the Princess webcam shows her facing the immigration building. Can anyone explain that to me?

Thank you.

I just checked the Princess website and the Ruby bridgecam shows her facing the harbor. ;)

Archived