5 night vs. 7 night

My family has been on two cruises, both 7 nights long.

Due to impossible schedules that don't allow us time to do that this time, we've just booked on the Navigator for a 5-night cruise.

Now we want to know what the difference is.

I know, I know. It's two nights shorter. Hilarious.

Seriously, are there big differences in the programs, the meals, the entertainment or anything else? Do they do all the usual shows (Love and Marriage, Quest, etc.)? Do they have guest entertainers?

I know this may sound like a silly question but we really don't know and we'd appreciate any feedback.

There are no massive differences. You will still have all the entertainment that you would receive on the 7 night, including guest entertainers. The only difference I've noticed was that some of the activities seem to be squashed into too short of a time:rolleyes:

I feel your pain. With Labor day coming so late, our school schedule cut our two week winter and spring breaks from 16 days down to 10. So it's a five day cruise in April this year instead of a seven. :( That's OK though, we're going to make up for it with a Medeteranian cruise in the summer. :) We did a four day this past summer it was fun, but it hardly seemed like we got started and it was over. You just have to force your self to relax and let go sooner. When you hear the BING of the seapass at check in, IT'S ON BABY!

I used to feel that anything shorter than 7 nights was not worth going on. Then I realized that I could go on a 5 night cruise that spanned a weekend and wouldn't have to take off too much time from work. The cheaper price also helps. I will be going on my 2nd 5 nighter on Saturday. It's also a less expensive way to rack up an extra cruise credit, bringing me that much closer to Diamond.

We have only been on one 5 nighter and everything was pretty much the same except: one formal night and our sailing did not have a quest game nor wine tasting event....but we managed to taste it anyway!

This is only my two cents and that is it! I did miss the extra two days...the cruise actually seemed much shorter than a 5 night!

We have only been on one 5 nighter and everything was pretty much the same except: one formal night and our sailing did not have a quest game nor wine tasting event....but we managed to taste it anyway!

This is only my two cents and that is it! I did miss the extra two days...the cruise actually seemed much shorter than a 5 night!

I dont think any of them have the "free" wine tasting event any more. I believe it takes at least a 5 nighter to get "lobster" on the formal night.

My family has been on two cruises, both 7 nights long.

Due to impossible schedules that don't allow us time to do that this time, we've just booked on the Navigator for a 5-night cruise.

Now we want to know what the difference is.

I know, I know. It's two nights shorter. Hilarious.

Seriously, are there big differences in the programs, the meals, the entertainment or anything else? Do they do all the usual shows (Love and Marriage, Quest, etc.)? Do they have guest entertainers?

I know this may sound like a silly question but we really don't know and we'd appreciate any feedback.

We just returned from our first 5 night cruise.

No real differences. 1 formal night (the second evening).

We've just come back from our shortest cruise ever.... a 4-day on the Monarch.

Our previous cruises have been between 7 and 11 days.... and we're doing a 13-day next month.

As a previous poster stated, there was no lobster on the 4-day.

Everything else.... food, entertainment etc was just as good as a longer cruise!!

Have a great cruise!!

Archived