Aft Suites for Alaska Cruise

fourcruises

If you are looking at 2005, I am sure the aft suites will be booked already. They are some of the first to be booked.

That said, we did the Dawn Princess, 2003, Cabin B750. The views were great. We could see EVERYTHING. However, I won't go into a rant, but I really wasted my money. May be different on another Princess ship, but compared to Celebrity, a Princess suite was a real waste of money.

I actually prefer to be at the front of the ship for most glacier views. I am sure the aft is fine when you are leaving so as long as you go to the front to begin with and then go to the aft, you will be fine.

I have had an aft cabin on Celebrity & Radiance and the views are wonderful - especially in Alaska - you can see everything and then some. When we went into Hubbard Glacier we went to the front of the ship and then returned to our cabin and had lunch delivered while we sailed out. It is great wake up early and go out and see both sides all the time. I was able to see a few whales early in the morning when we were sailing to Juneau - it was awesome! I highly recommend them especially if sailing Celebrity or Royal Caribbean - but these cabins are hard to book - usually gone as soon as bookings open!

The best of 4 cruises to Alaska involved RCCL Legend of the Seas in 2002. We had the upper port aft cabin and the views were extraordinary. I would do it again in a heartbeat if I had the money. The cabin was the same size however the balcony was large and just opening the drapes afforded a view that was second to none. Additionally the wind was not even a factor.

While at the Hubbard Glacier we sat with the rear of the ship facing the glacier for an hour and had the best view.

Yes do the aft facing cabin!

Archived