Must see and do on Celebrity, Summit and in Western Caribbean?

bjakeski

After reading this board for several weeks i'm sure that i'm asking the right people the following questions. Jan. 16 will be our first cruise. What are the things that Celebrity does that we must experience and take advantage of? What must we not miss on Summit? Also, what are the must do things in Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

Be sure to check out the Ports of Call board for each port. For us, the must-do thing in Ocho Rios is climbing Dunns River Falls. We took a boat excursion there. The Party Boat Cruise, Beach & Falls Tour is the closest thing I see on Celebrity's excursion list. In Grand Cayman, snorkeling with the stingrays was great. We went with Captain Marvin. There are a few other private tour operators frequently recommended here. On our first trip to Cozumel, we took the ship's tour to the San Gervasio ruins on the island. It included time at a beach. Celebrity has a similar excursion. Last time, we went on our own to Chankanaab. It was easy to get a cab there and back.

with Geoherb on all counts; Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios, stingrays in Grand Cayman and Chankanaab in Cozumel. If you only do two out of three (it's really pleasant to just walk around in Cozumel) it has to be Dunn's River Falls (make sure you take small bills to tip your guide and water shoes) and swimming with the stingrays (don't forget the disposable water camera) which is our all time favourite excursion.

Hi,

What not to miss on Summit

1 Production Shows

2 Martini Bar (Creamy Chocolate Martini)

3 The Specialty Restaurant (Normandy, I think get Summit & Infinity mixed up) -- this will be a dinning experience you will never forget (try the Goat Cheese Souffle)

Hope this helps.

Bob 16_6_13.gif

Not to miss on the Summit:

1. Green Apple Martini's

2. Goat Cheese Souffle in the Normandie Restaurant

3. Sushi Bar

4. Rack of lamb in puff pastry - Normandie Restaurant

due to rough seas, we had to cancel our last night at the Normandie, really want to go again, heard the Chateabriand is outstanding.

Creme Brulee in the main dining room.

We were on the Summit in Dec.We found some places we had missed when on the Constellation the year before.

1. In the aft the waffel station, the omlet station and sushi bar in the evening.

2. Try the Normadine it is worth the extra money, goat cheese souffle to die for.

3. The hot stone massage was a real treat in the spa.Check for specials that they have later in the week.

4. The thalassotherapy pool, and no charge for sauna.

5. The Cova cafa and free pastries on that deck. Thank goodness I did not find this until late in the cruise.

6. The spa food in the aqua spa area. Light and tasty.

7. Try the dining room sometimes for breakfast, the eggs benedict were great. Also try the dining room for lunch for a change.

8. Coffee in room by roomservice by filling out card to hang on door or use tv to order room service. The cheese and fruit plate is good in evening with a glass of wine. We tipped a couple of dollars each room service.

9. Quite places to read on entertanment deck outside.

10. The walking track on sunrise deck, the jym and the stairs. Taking the stairs helps to work off all the calories.

11. The reflection lounge for a drink and wonderful view.`

12. Cozumel, the snorkeling here is very good.

13. If you go to Costa Rica the white water rafting was fantastic.

Enjoy!

Cindy

It will be easier to answer what not to enjoy on the Summit....Everything is Great!

Normandy

the flower shop

spa

even the public washrooms are great...

etc...

I'll stop now because I getting envious. Relax and enjoy.

The shore excursions is very personal. Whatever you fancy! We've used both the cruise line shore excursions and our own. It all depends where. For instance, we went to Panama canal excursion and we were concerned about returning on time, so we used the cruise line excursion and we didn't worry! Why make your life miserable for a few $$$?

Have a great cruise!:)

Summit is gorgeous and you'll find lots of places that strike your fancy that someone else might walk right by. There are display cases full of glass sculptures outside the Waterfall buffet that I didn't see until the 10th day of the cruise.

if you like crowds, go to the pool. Besides the Waterfall Cafe at prime times and the Cosmopolitan in the evening, that's about the only place you will see lots of people in one place (except Bingo which is well attended). If you don't like crowds, try the Thelosotherapy pool early in the morning, and eat at the self serve Spa Cafe at lunch. You will see lots of staircases off deck 11, so try them and see where they go. I liked deck 4 (where the muster drill is held) any time of day. Feels like it is your own ship because there is no one on the deck but you. If you don't want to read in your room, pick a table by a huge port hole in Revelations and other spots. You'll find your own favorite places.

Archived