Huge price jump--Dream

MikeyA53

Yours may have actually gone up that much during the day today (and Wow if it did) :eek: . . . but it might also be a part of the serious pricing glitch Carnival is currently experiencing with its Carnival Dream pricing. It's been going on for more than a week now.

They know the problem exists, but don't know yet how to fix it (shock shock).

Are you checking Carnivals site the aug 21,2010 western carrib balcony is 959.00 to get over 1000.00 you have to go to the 9 day cruise and i believe its around 1300.00. The best balcony state room on the western carrib is a 9a is 1269.00 that is the best balcony room, the suite is only 1669.00 The highest room available is just over 2000.00. If you were going eastern carrib they are even cheaper. We to are looking to book the Dream in Sept 2011 still waiting on pricing but hopefully won't be above what we are seeing now!!!!! Good Luck and Happy Cruising! (eastern carrib, sept 2010 729.00)

Are you checking Carnivals site the aug 21,2010 western carrib balcony is 959.00 to get over 1000.00 you have to go to the 9 day cruise and i believe its around 1300.00.

I think they are talking about the price for 2 people, not for just one person.

I think they are talking about the price for 2 people, not for just one person.

That may be but it doesn't add up if you re-check the price and when you are checking prices they are listed per person, not per couple if someone is talking about 2 people I believe they should specify this. The prices on all cruise sites are advertised per person. We've been checking the site daily and the prices have never been as high as quoted by the thread starter

Earlier today 7A Cove balcony was $1,733.28 for August 21/ 2009, now it's $2,053.28. Does the prices fluctuate or are seeing a demand and the prices are going up and staying up?

We are booked for the dream on 7/24/2010 and ours went up $100pp yesterday.

Currently the pricing for early saver is $959 pp before taxes, etc.

I paid $999 pp for our Christmas cruise booking ES and then watched the prices go up to $1299 pp for the cove balcony. They have started to come down and for a past guest rate they are now at $1179. Don't think there will be any OCB coming our way.

But overall I would have to say $959 pp is about the right price possibly still for August. However you can move into September and the same balcony is $729 pp.

Earlier today 7A Cove balcony was $1,733.28 for August 21/ 2009, now it's $2,053.28. Does the prices fluctuate or are seeing a demand and the prices are going up and staying up?

As the ship starts filling and cabins start getting scarce, it's not unusual for prices to rise... It's all about supply and demand.

I booked the transcanal on the Elation for April.....within a week the price had gone up 1200.00!!!!!!

Whether prices stay up depends upon how many people actually cancel. Sometimes, when final payment time comes, folks start cancelling or changing their mind and cabins might open up. Then, they may lower prices in order to sell them...but, there's no guarantee, for sure.

Best thing to do when looking for a cruise is to book it as soon as you find a price in your ballpark.

Yours may have actually gone up that much during the day today (and Wow if it did) :eek: . . . but it might also be a part of the serious pricing glitch Carnival is currently experiencing with its Carnival Dream pricing. It's been going on for more than a week now.

They know the problem exists, but don't know yet how to fix it (shock shock).

You might be right, the price now for 7A Cove balcony, taxes in for two is $1853.28. Since yesterday it went from $1733.28 to $2053.28 and now $1853.28. If it is a pricing glich and the price was to go way down, I wonder if they would honor it?

Archived