If only I'd started cruising earlier...

I've yet to go on my first cruise (going with family on Halloween), but I've just been looking through the choices out of Port Canaveral... $403.80 total for two people for a 4-night cruise on the Monarch. Holy crap. Is it usual to get that cheap?

If I knew I'd enjoy it, I'd probably be signing up right now. Thank goodness for a government job where I can take vacation on a whim!

Now to just find someone to split the room with... :D

(Oh, by the way, hi from another newbie!)

The prices on Monarch his fall are ridiculously low - even for some of the weekend sailings! (They're usually more expensive than the mid-week cruises - probably because there is more demand for weekends.)

If you find that you're having a fantastic time once you get on the ship, visit the Loyalty Ambassador and book another cruise while you're onboard! You'll probably still get some of the great deals out there, which may extend into the spring. Who knows, you may decide to try a week on Freedom, or one of the ships out of Tampa, Miami or Fort Lauderdale! ;)

Book something---you know you want to! Do it! Cruising is soooo much fun....

You WILL enjoy it! How could you not?

I'm really looking forward to the cruise on Halloween. If it goes well, I'm seriously considering hitting up the Oasis for New Years. I've got some friends in our car club that are interested in going on a cruise, so it's just a matter of convincing them to take the time off from work.

My only real concern to date has been food on board the ship (I'm a picky eater). But for 50$/day like the cruise I mentioned in my original post, I'd probably be happy with mediocre buffet. :D

The prices on Monarch his fall are ridiculously low - even for some of the weekend sailings! (They're usually more expensive than the mid-week cruises - probably because there is more demand for weekends.)

If you find that you're having a fantastic time once you get on the ship, visit the Loyalty Ambassador and book another cruise while you're onboard! You'll probably still get some of the great deals out there, which may extend into the spring. Who knows, you may decide to try a week on Freedom, or one of the ships out of Tampa, Miami or Fort Lauderdale! ;)

Yeah, my parents absolutely love cruising, and have gone so far as to tell me to sign up for Crown and Anchor before I go on my first cruise (I don't know how they did it but apparently the loophole has been closed...).

I am quite amazed at the low cost though. Just doesn't seem feasible, but I guess having a full ship at deeply discounted rates is better than having empty rooms.

If you take the Liberty the next day 11/1, you'll pay $480 (plus tax) for the cheapest interior cabin for seven nights!

That's by far the cheapest cruise I've ever been on (for 7 nights at least). Over the years I've generally paid about $700-$800 for mid-ship interior cabins. Prices have come down. The Liberty is also much cheaper than her sister, the Freedom (at least that week) because there's one less port and it's out of Miami, not Port Canaveral.

Archived