Equinox cruisers - glassblowing excursion onboard?

Infi

I remember reading a few threads back in the spring about a glassblowing excursion that was offered on Solstice. It was on a port day, offered you a chance to "make your own glass" (the staff would blow it for you and you would customize), along with lunch in Murano. If I remember correctly, it was only offered to Celebrity elite passengers.

Has anyone who's cruised Equinox (or even Solstice) recently experienced this excursion? If so, how was it? Sailing on Equinox next month and would absolutely love to do this. :)

When we sailed on Solstice in MArch it was offered as a shore excursion, and we paid to do it; max was nine people. It ended up being our favorite excursion; the chance to do your own glass (you pick the colors, and get to blow some of the air into it via a tube) and especially the chance to sit with the glassblowers over lunch was priceless to us.

Was this restricted to Elite passengers or was anyone able to take the excursion? I'm platinum on RCCL with 9 credits and I've been debating whether to take a cruise between now and my Celebrity cruise next year so that I can attain Elite status on Celebrity.

Was this restricted to Elite passengers or was anyone able to take the excursion? I'm platinum on RCCL with 9 credits and I've been debating whether to take a cruise between now and my Celebrity cruise next year so that I can attain Elite status on Celebrity.

When we were on Solstice in March, it wasn't restricted, just first come-first serve, and it was $89 per person; more than worth it! Go there as soon as shore excursions is available after boarding though:)

We were lucky enough to be in the group with jwattle (hi Jo) on Solstice that did this "excursion." It was awesome. It's such a unique experience. I highly recommend it.

2ndsailing...I'm not sure if it's available to book on line as we haven't cruised on Celebrity since we did it in March (we booked it onboard). But you can go to Celebrity's website and check out the shore excursions.

To anyone getting the chance to do this, you'll be glad you did!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I knew I wasn't imagining things! :)Interesting that it wasn't restricted to elite; I thought I remembered reading that somewhere.

For those who've done it: was there a mention of it in Celebrity Today or did you just find out when you went to the Shore Excursions desk? Has anyone seen this offered on Equinox yet? (I sure hope so, I'm dying to try it!)

• 3 months later...

Archived