Life As A Crew Member

MTJSR

For those of you who have not already found this on your own, there is a guy names James on You Tube who works on a cruise ship and reports about crew life in video blogs. Below is a link to one video blog that gets into tipping from the crew point of view. After you will also find other interesting short videos about other subjects, often talked about here. I found it interesting, you might too

For a HILARIOUS but insightful look "behind the scenes" I highly recommend "Cruise Ship Confidential". It's a book by Brian David Bruns (he often posts on CC) about his time working with Carnival as the only "Yank" in the dining room. You learn a lot and you'll chuckle even more. All the while shaking your head, saying "wow."

The more I look the more behind the scene you tube videos there are. There is one that shows a crew member arriving late to the ship and being pulled up the ladder on the side of the ship. But there is also a passenger who missed the ship on the same small boat and they do not want to let him/her on the ship.

There is another video showing people running around a dinning room in really bad wave rolls. The entire dinning room gets trashed and people are holding on to anything and everything:eek:

Thanks for the link! You are so right - the more you look on utube, the more there is!! I keep going from one video to the other - almost wish you hadn't sucked me in!!!:D

bighairtexan: also a good referral!! I loved this book. I hear there is another coming out - I'll be looking for it!!

Thanks for the link! You are so right - the more you look on utube, the more there is!! I keep going from one video to the other - almost wish you hadn't sucked me in!!!:D

bighairtexan: also a good referral!! I loved this book. I hear there is another coming out - I'll be looking for it!!

I emailed Mr. Brun awhile back and asked him about a sequel and he said he was slugging his way through it. He also has a Facebook acct that he posts on.

Archived