RCCL Wine Package Questions

My family is booked on the November 7th five night Radiance cruise to Mexico and I have been trying to purchase a wine package on the website for the past few weeks. The message I get after each attempt says please try back closer to your cruise date. Does anyone know how far in advance you can purchase a wine package for a cruise? Also, does anyone have pricing information for the wine packages on a five night cruise?

Been having the same issue myself. We are now 25 days out. There was no problem getting it on board when we were on Navigator in 2005, so we will probably just wait until then.

You can find the pricing on the RCCL website. There are three levels of packages

We just returned from a 5-night cruise on the Radiance. I did not have any luck purchasing the package online, so we went to the table set up outside the Windjammer on the first day to purchase it. (Don't worry, there will be no shortage of opportunities to get it once onboard!!)

So, we purchased the Gold Package, five bottles for $113 ($129.95 with auto 15% gratuity.) The sales staff made it sound like it would be easy to get one of our bottles to enjoy on our balcony for sailaway, but that was not the case. They had told us that you could order your bottle at the main dining room, the Windjammer, or Chops or Portofino. They gave us a receipt, to be exchanged for a sticker after ordering the first bottle.

Long story short, we headed right to the Windjammer to order our bottle for sailaway. No success. The bar server called the manager, who explained that they would have to go to the main wine cellar to get the sticker and bottle and that it would take at least 1/2 hour. It sounded like a lot of trouble for staff who were already busy, so we decided to wait until dinner in the MDR to order. No problems there, or in Chops or Portofino.

We did return to the Windjammer to order a bottle later in the cruise. Even with the sticker on our card, they still had to go the the wine cellar, and it took a long time (20 min).

All in all, it was a good value, but not as easy to access bottles as we had expected.

My family is booked on the November 7th five night Radiance cruise to Mexico and I have been trying to purchase a wine package on the website for the past few weeks. The message I get after each attempt says please try back closer to your cruise date. Does anyone know how far in advance you can purchase a wine package for a cruise? Also, does anyone have pricing information for the wine packages on a five night cruise?

Just FYI....the selection of wines in the wine packages is very limited. Just something to keep in mind if you are choosy about the wine you drink.

Every time I have tried to buy in advance something has gone wrong. For some reason they never have a record of your purchase and I have had to take my receipt with me - and last time the price was lower onboard anywa. The there is a delay on the first night in getting the wine. So, next week I am buying on board.

I have been able to successfully order the gold package for 5 night caribbean on enchantement sailing on 10/31-sounds like it may be specific to your ship and sailing date.

Archived