Hello from Carnival Dream & some stuff

CruiseIsGood

I LOVE the wraps on deck 6 on the conquest ships and it sounds like they are just as wonderful on the Dream! We would have booked it (deck 6)for our trip in June, but we have at least a dozen other cabins full of friends and family going, and I was worried about noise from the clubs below filtering up like it did on the Glory....figured deck 7 was safer for the group! With that said, did you have any problems with noise?

The Burgundy Lounge was directly beneath us... this turned out to be the Comedy Club as well, so we were there for the late shows when offered... there was occasional music late night... we were 'aware' of it but it was over by 1 a.m. and was not loud enough to prevent falling asleep the one time we were in the room that early :D

Ok,I know that you don't want an more rooms but there is a lot of talk about deck 8 wrap arounds, are they really wraps or is there a devider there, even John harold is confused we have 8466 booked for next jan any help would be great and thanks for the review your great

From John Heald's blog... regarding cabins 8466 and 8473

John Says:

Hello Dave

WOW – you may be right. I just read this and know I am not sure. Let me contact the ship and see if the balcony divider can be moved or not and what the correct information is. Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention and I hope to post the correct information in the next 24 hours. In fact……….I just received an immediate reply from the ship and this is the story.

According to the Guest Services Manager this was brought up to the ship yard yesterday in a meeting they had as you are correct. They are not wrap around balconies and therefore they are discussing with the shipyard ways to change this. Meanwhile guests who have booked these cabins based are being compensated accordingly. Hopefully this situation is taken care of quickly and I will let you know accordingly.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention

Best wishes

John

Just back from dinner after the past guest party. Booze flowing freely.

I think maybe if you are seeing cut-backs on cruises they are discounting to like $300/room it makes sense? We all paid a lot more for Europe and they're really treating us well so far.

Deck 2 balconies fore or aft? I don't want to waste minutes looking up the ship plans. Give me a number. Thanks.

Denise

Carnival Europe is a much different thing than the other Carnival cruises and usually the CD tells you that right up front the first night. I know Heald gave us that speech on our Carnival Med cruise. It's much nicer than the regular Carnival product. That is for sure

Is this rude enough for you-I didn't ask you so, keep your opinions to yourself.

I asked Denise a question, if she is able to respond, I appreciate her response. If she doesn't I still appreciate the time she took out of her vacation to give us some information on the Dream.

Thats right.. you didnt ask me anything. But she asked everyone to stop with the room numbers... and you even acknowledge that and ask anyway. And she is running her butt off to try and answer every request. So again, I say to you....RUDE.

I had 6492... the room was HUGE!! The sofa was nearly seven feet long... lots of storage; the only drawback was the bathroom door would not open flat against the wall. The balcony was large enough for a lounge, two chairs and a table. I am going back on this ship in October 2010 and plan to book this same room:)

We have 6492 next year as well. Any chance you could send a few (interior/balcony) pics my way?? gatrnol@hotmail.com

THANKS!

Tom

CL you go girl, don't even give the detrackers around here any mind. I really wish CC could just ban some posters for their ISP life. They haunt orther boards too, INCLUDING fishing.

I've got at least 50 ignores here.

Thats right.. you didnt ask me anything. But she asked everyone to stop with the room numbers... and you even acknowledge that and ask anyway. And she is running her butt off to try and answer every request. So again, I say to you....RUDE.

Anything else? Or are you going to continue to badger everyone else who sent room numbers her way after she requested no more room numbers. :p.

Oh . . . and since you don't know me but insist on calling me rude, I don't care what you think. Conversation over.

sorry, ive been running errands. here you go. http://www.bookccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/dream/dream.html

Don't believe everything your read on there.

This is what it says about 8473:

8473 9A OSTW 185/75 = 260 sq ft

Beds twin/king / rab: 0

View window and wrap-around balcony

Balcony partition connects to: none

Bathroom shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Looking at the pictures in post #33 (of room 8473) you will clearly see there is no sofa, no table & chairs, etc, inches between wall and bed and the balcony is not a wrap.

THAT is why we are all wondering about deck 6 & 7 aft wraps.

We know they do actually wrap, but we are wondering if we have to climb over the bed to get to the other side and if there is a place to sit.

So far, it sound like deck 6 is the only one with a sofa.

So, I am VERY thankful for all the info I have gotten on this wonderful website!!!

We certainly do have some ANALysts on this board! Who cares how the door on the balcony opens?! Good God people, let Denise enjoy her cruise and be happy to read her posts when she choses to post! If she doesn't address a question that has been on your mind wait for the post cruise reviews. They will surely flood in much like the Splendor when it was in Europe.

The picture shows him passing between the bed and the closet, so you won't have to climb over.

Definitely looks like a wrap to me. John heald even said that tese are classified as wraps, but are not that of the wraps we see on Conquest class ships, therefore CCL will be issuing compensation to these passengers.

Also, the picture doesn't show the whole room, so it is possible there is a small couch in there. Photos can be very deceiving.

Don't believe everything your read on there.

This is what it says about 8473:

8473 9A OSTW 185/75 = 260 sq ft

Beds twin/king / rab: 0

View window and wrap-around balcony

Balcony partition connects to: none

Bathroom shower-toilet-sink

Features: flat screen-TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; hair dryer; safe; minibar; 3-closets; sofa and coffee table; Balcony features: 2 patio chairs and table

Looking at the pictures in post #33 (of room 8473) you will clearly see there is no sofa, no table & chairs, etc, inches between wall and bed and the balcony is not a wrap.

THAT is why we are all wondering about deck 6 & 7 aft wraps.

We know they do actually wrap, but we are wondering if we have to climb over the bed to get to the other side and if there is a place to sit.

So far, it sound like deck 6 is the only one with a sofa.

So, I am VERY thankful for all the info I have gotten on this wonderful website!!!

Email I received along with the pics in post #33.

We had cabin #8473. It was a disappointment. It does not have a wrap around balcony, nor a sofa, or even chairs. It is somewhat cramped. We complained and although the ship agreed, we had to go through reservations. They denied giving our money back for the upgrade. That was all we were asking. So I don't know what we will do now.

We certainly do have some ANALysts on this board! Who cares how the door on the balcony opens?! Good God people, let Denise enjoy her cruise and be happy to read her posts when she choses to post! If she doesn't address a question that has been on your mind wait for the post cruise reviews. They will surely flood in much like the Splendor when it was in Europe.

I agree with you completely. It's a complete joke as to how many bombarded this poor woman with their questions. People, puleez, just wait for your own cruise and be surprised.

This has been the funniest thread I have read since joining criuse critic. I havn't laughed this hard in a long time. She asked people to stop giving room numbers so now they've upped the problem and started asking for pictures. And the post asking about the golden toilet and the salmon smell. That was a classic. You really made my day. I couldnt stop laughing. Now with all that being said can you give us a description of the cove balcony and tell us how far from the balcony to the water and send pictures:D No I'm only kidding!! Just enjoy the rest of your cruise

We happened to board back today right above some cove balconies. They're cute. Oval inset, 2 chairs with high backs and a table, a very nice sized window and windowed door. So that one I won't knock on. ;)

Not sure if the 1409 was a serious post but it's probably just the housekeeping storage area. And it is very close to the elevator.

9472 and 6479 are wraps. I didn't go knocking on doors today though. Barcelona day. Most stuff you can see from the deck plans on the Carnival site. Oh, and another thing from the room crawl, all the cats seem to have a really good deal of closet room/storage space.

Denise

Thanks for the info on the cove balcony and all the other information you have provided! Enjoy your cruise and rest your feet! :p

Anything else? Or are you going to continue to badger everyone else who sent room numbers her way after she requested no more room numbers. :p.

Oh . . . and since you don't know me but insist on calling me rude, I don't care what you think. Conversation over.

uhmmmm... interesting.. you know the definition of "BADGER", unless it applies to your behavior!! Classic for a RUDE person.

your new name should be kingisacruiserabuser....:cool:

Sistermerm,

I was thrilled to read how happy you were with Cabin 6492. Our family has Cabin 6492 and 6494 booked for the Dec 26, 2009 cruise. Do you happen to know if the balcony divider can be unlocked between these 2 cabins? Thank you so much.

If you have a cove balcony you will look down at the water. Any balcony on deck 6 or higher will look down at the lanai. The lanai goes all the way around the ship.

Of course if you sit on your balcony you will still look out at the ocean!! Someone else asked that. The new Oasis of the Seas will have interior balconies that look down inside the ship. There may be some others with interior balconies but I don't know about them.

Sorry! I thought I said it.. we are on lido deck 10.. and actually 8 cabins from the front! It looks like the lanai tucks back in towards the front before it goes around

• 7 months later...

Archived