Diamond Event on Voyager??

39august

How is the nightly Diamond event being done on Voyager, please? And are Diamond + allowed to join the Diamond event? I ask because in the past, the over-flow lounge was up on deck 14 in a card room with a wall of glass. That is so much nicer than the concierge lounge, so I would really prefer to go to the Diamond event than the CL, if possible. Thanks.

How is the nightly Diamond event being done on Voyager, please? And are Diamond + allowed to join the Diamond event? I ask because in the past, the over-flow lounge was up on deck 14 in a card room with a wall of glass. That is so much nicer than the concierge lounge, so I would really prefer to go to the Diamond event than the CL, if possible. Thanks.

In the past, before the September 1 changes, the Diamond Lounge was in the Cleopatra lounge for both Diamonds, Diamond +, and Suite passengers for evening happy hour. From recent reports, Diamond+ can join Diamonds there BUT, unless they want le terrible wine, champagne, they have to pay for their drinks minus 25%. There is, also, no hors 'douvres in the Diamond lounge.

Since there is a minimal view from Cleopatra and it is dark anyway, you'd be better off in the CL with freebees. It won't be crowded like it was when Diamonds were allowed in there.

Tucker in Texas

We were on Voyager in May and will be there again 3 weeks today. The diamond thing was in the card room and food was available. I will report again when I get back.

We just returned from Voyager's Oct. 4th sailing. The Diamond event was held in the Cloud Nine bar next to the card room. If there was a private event in the Cloud Nine bar, we were put into the card room. There was no food being served and I was disappointed overall in the service, or lack of service I recieved. One evening we were the only guests in the room. Another evening I had to go over to the High Notes bar to track down a waiter and I was told to go back to the card room and they'd send someone over. When I elected to have a beer one night, I was told only wine and champange were available. I had to remind the waiter that everything else was still available, it just wasn't free. Alternatives could be ordered for 25% off the price. No food was offered anytime we were in the room. Overall I was not impressed.

The welcome back party for Diamond and Diamond Plus members was held in Cleopatra's Needle lounge.

Archived