Day room/hotel near JFK

arizonaperson

I know I saw an answer somewhere awhile back, but I could not pull it up with the search.

So anyone know if I can get a motel for a few hours prior to boarding the Carribbean Princess?

We are on a red eye flight that gets into JFK around 7am, so we have a few hours to kill while waiting to board the ship.(Red Hook-Brooklyn)

Looking for something I can take complimentary shuttle to and close to JFK.

Thanks for any suggestions.:)

I would be careful as the hotels around JFK are generally below par and sleazy and frankly a day room situation is probably sold for other reasons than folks arriving very early in the morning of a cruise. Frankly if your flight arrives around 7am by the time you get your luggage, etc. it will likely be around 8am and you might as well go directly to Red Hook and see if you can board your vessel. I am not sure how Princess works but Cunard allows boarding as early as 11am.

I know I saw an answer somewhere awhile back, but I could not pull it up with the search.

So anyone know if I can get a motel for a few hours prior to boarding the Carribbean Princess?

We are on a red eye flight that gets into JFK around 7am, so we have a few hours to kill while waiting to board the ship.(Red Hook-Brooklyn)

Looking for something I can take complimentary shuttle to and close to JFK.

Thanks for any suggestions.:)

DoubleTree, Crowne Plaza, Sheraton-3* hotels, all generally available on Priceline for about $100. Since you really don't care where you stay, any of these will be satisfactory for what you need and all have a hotel shuttle.

If you use Priceline you will have to let them know that you will not be checking in the night before, only checking in about 8AM until check out time (8AM if the plane is ontime AND your luggage arrives in a timely fashion, which CAN be a big problem at JFK-I fly in there almost every month).

You may be just better off going to the cruise port, dropping off your luggage and "hanging out" someplace until it is time to board. IF you are on US Airways flights from PHX to either LAX/SFO and nonstop to JFK, those flights are generally close to ontime (average delay 26 minutes)

I contacted the Sheraton by JFK and they may have a room available to us,we just have to check when we get there or they said book for the night before but tell them arrival time in the am,next day. I don't want to do the later in case we don't get in on time or change our mind.

So we will try to book once we get to JFK.

Just wanted to pass this information along in case someone else has the same idea.

For greatam- we are flying direct from PHX on Jet Blue and don't really want to hang around airport or cruise terminal that is why I was asking about day use.

Archived